Job Opening in a midsized hospital located in Central North Carolina, for an experienced Registered Nurse Quality Director to join their team. Candidates MUST be a RN and MUST have Acute Care Hospital experience in Quality to be considered for this job. This person will have the oversight for all of the QA for the entire facility. You will be overseeing 1 FTE (Infection Control RN).
- Chart Reviews (this is a huge responsibility for this position)
- Knowledge of data, processes, regulatory compliance for JCAHO and CMS
- Provide leadership for Infection Control
- Chart abstraction for Core Measures (approximately 300/mth)
- Coordinate record review for Physician profiles
- Must have 5 yrs of RN experience in a hospital setting
- CPHQ is required. It must be obtained within 6 months of hiring
This is a full-time position reporting to the CEO. The Director of Quality Services is a Registered Nurse who is responsible for coordination of performance improvement, patient safety and quality assessment activities for the Medical Center.
Responsibilities include coordination of performance improvement activities selected by the Performance Improvement Council as areas of organizational emphasis, coordination of medical staff peer review activities; assisting with regulatory compliance with Joint Commission standards, CMS standards and NCDFSS standards; serving as the patient safety officer for the facility; and coordinating quality outcome reporting both internally and externally; serving as the assistant to the risk manager; utilizing data to implement best practices, performance improvement and patient safety initiatives.
The Director of Quality Services must exhibit a broad range of knowledge in performance improvement, medical staff review activities, accreditation and regulatory standards, risk management, and patient safety. Skills must include proficiency in performance improvement tools, statistical, adult education techniques, interpersonal relations, conflict resolution, and data management and analysis. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and team facilitation skills are required. Confidentiality and support of ethical standards is critical. The Director of Quality Services must understand and keep abreast of the regulatory requirements in healthcare and be able to apply performance improvement and informatics principles to help meet regulatory requirements.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing required. Master’s degree in a health-related field preferred.
- CPHQ certification preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in clinical nursing required as well as 3 years of management experience.
- Experience in performance improvement, team development and management, and statistical process is required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, presentation and public speaking skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in data analysis, reporting, project management skills and teaching.
The city is within an hour of the Raleigh, Fayetteville, Goldsboro, Wilmington, and the beautiful North Carolina coast. If you are looking for a chance to get away and relax, come and stay with us at one of our historic inns or bed and breakfast. Here, you will find a friendly and welcoming community where neighbors come together to support one another. Historic homes and picturesque yards are sure to charm you when you visit our community. You can take a stroll along our tree-lined streets as you shop and dine in our beautiful downtown. In just a short drive from the city, you can reach the beautiful North Carolina beaches or award winning Eastern North Carolina wineries.
The Downtown area boasts a growing number and variety of shops, restaurants, and businesses which will eagerly serve you, no matter your interest. The city is also home to a robust and supportive business community, and the City offers business owners ample resources to build and maintain their business. Unlike life in a large city, you can’t remain alone for long here, and neither would you want to. Whether merely settling in for a night’s visit or settling down to make a home, you’ll feel the powerful bonds of community that have led this city to being named an “All-America City.” Take in a performance, view an art exhibit, learn about our heritage, or attend a street festival. Downtown hosts events that have grown in attendance and quality each year.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text