Job Opening in a hospital in South central Virginia near the NC border for an Inpatient Social Worker to join their team. Candidates must have at least 1 year of experience.
- Serves as a member of a unit based Case Management Team. Assists Case Managers in development of discharge plans for patients with special emphasis on Nursing Home, Adult home and Rehab placement.
- Facilitates adoptions, child protective service issues, adult protective service issues and any other concerns and requests for issues with various community resources inclusive of Department of Social Services.
- Completes appropriate applications for financial and community-based services.
- Implements discharge plans and counseling services to both internal and external customers ensuring an appropriate transition to the next appropriate level of care on the health care continuum and within the limitations of available resources.
- B.S.W. or B.A/B.S. in Social Work or Bachelor Degree in Social or Human Services (Psychology or Sociology)
- Minimum of one year of experience in counseling in human services or helping position, preferably in a healthcare environment.
Located in south-central Virginia along the North Carolina border, within a day’s drive of two-thirds of the nation’s population, this city boasts historical landmarks, recreational opportunities and beautiful rolling countryside. Places Rated Almanac magazine ranked the city the 61st most affordable place to live in the United States, with the 11th lowest housing costs and the 27th lowest crime rate, out of 351 metropolitan areas. This city is quickly becoming a hotbed of culture in southern Virginia. Enjoy the City’s rare combination of small town charm and big city offerings!
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text