Job Opening in a 200+ bed hospital located in Western Maryland, about 1.5 hrs from Pittsburgh, PA, very close to the West Virginia border, and about 2 hours from Baltimore, MD, for an experienced Lab Director to join their team. They are looking for someone who is a strategic thinker and planner.
- 102 FTEs
- Performs 1.3 million billable tests per year
- Utilizes the most current technology in laboratory testing such as:
Beckman Coulter Power Express Chemistry Immunoassay systems.
Beckman Coulter DxH Hematology analyzers with Cellavision and automated slide stainer
Beckman Coulter Iris Urinalysis analyzer
IL TOP 500 Coagulation Analyzers
- Full Microbiology lab utilizing molecular technology, MALDI-TOF bacterial identification with integrated Anti-susceptibility testing.
- Automated Blood culture, TB and Mycology testing.
- Full Histology / Pathology laboratory using Leica IHC and special stainers
This is a great laboratory that is a family like atmosphere. Many long term employees whom are engaged in their work and understand the priority of patient care. The lab personnel recognize the important role they play in the patients care and experience.
Under the general direction of the Corporate Director and in conjunction with the Medical Director , this position is responsible for providing leadership to the Laboratory Department and for management of its material, financial and human resources. Collaborates with the Corporate Director on development of a strategic plan that is in alignment the hospital’s strategic goals. Works collaboratively with other Laboratory leaders to implement an operational plan that advances the objectives of the hospital and the health care facilities it serves.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry required.
- Master of Science or relevant Business degree is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of medical technology theory and practice.
- Demonstrated supervisory and management skills and good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including: safety, CAP, TJC, state and federal guidelines.
- Minimum of 7 years laboratory experience and four years of laboratory supervisory experience are required, with additional technical/supervisory experience preferred.
- ASCP Certification as MT/MLS required.
This city is a beautiful city in Western Maryland situated among the Appalachian Mountains. Tree-lined streets, small town ambiance and an arts community that will surprise you, tucked away in the Maryland mountains. Home to a vibrant and successful arts community, an area rich in history, and spectacular outdoor recreation opportunities. The city is located about 90 mins from Pittsburgh, PA and about 2 hours from Baltimore, MD.
Competitive Salary Range!