Job Opening in a small, rural hospital for an Interim Emergency Department Director located in Kansas.
- This position will promote the mission, vision and values of the organization. Primary responsibilities include providing administrative oversight and direction for the Emergency Department and Trauma Services at the Hospital.
- This position is accountable for planning, directing, leading and evaluating nursing care within the ER as well as acting as a liaison with all pre-hospital medical services. Acts as a role model and mentor for staff; maintains competencies to function as a staff nurse
- Supervises the day to day operations of the department to ensure safe, high quality, effective nursing care is delivered and patient satisfaction and loyalty is achieved
Serves a member of Nursing Leadership in establishing policies and processes in order to optimize efficiency, effectiveness and quality within the department and across the hospital
- Monitors patient volumes, quality of care, and performance of staff to identity areas for improvement
- Facilitates Trauma Committee meetings, ED staff meetings and participates on other hospital committees and task forces
- Improve employee performance through ongoing counseling, coaching, delegation, and education of employees to encourage staff performance and clinical expertise
- May work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- 12,000 annual ER visits
- Knowledge of emergency medical services
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be a Registered Nurse
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred
- Two years management and/or supervisory experience preferred
- ACLS; PALS; TNCC
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text