Job Opening for a VP Trauma Services in the Bay Area, California.
- The VP of Trauma Services goal is to provide facilitation and direction for a multidisciplinary trauma service with primary focus on developing/implementing and monitoring systems to enhance care of the trauma patient. The VP serves as a resource for inter-intra disciplinary team members and patient families that participate in the care of trauma patients.
- This individual works in close collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director to promote the goals of the Trauma Program, to qualify all care issues and system issues regarding the program development, and to optimize patient care across the age and injury spectrum. Program development, both at the hospital, local and within state/national systems is key elements to the success of this role.
- This individual is responsible for oversight/direction of trauma related activities, and initiates changes internally and external that will promote optimal trauma care. This person performs all functions necessary to act as an agent to the Trauma Medical Director and Administration, to ensure compliance with all hospital, local, state and American College of Surgeons requirements. This position maintains responsibility/accountability for 24-hour/day management.
- Minimum: Master’s degree in nursing
California Registered Nurse, Master’s Degree in Nursing, BLS, ACLS, PALS or ENPC and TNCC Instructor (may be obtained within 1 year of hire).
- Minimum: Prior Trauma Program experience (minimum 3 years).
- 10 years nursing experience in a critical care area that cares for trauma patients (i.e. ICU, ED);
- Management experience (minimum 2 years).
- Santa Clara County and American College of Surgeons regulatory requirements; critical care skill competencies; leadership, organization, communication and time management skills; advanced computer skills; project development and implementation. Successful ACS verification at previous facility in the role of Trauma Program Manager.
There is also a management Trauma position in Colorado.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text