Job Opening in a 130+ bed hospital located in South Central Virginia, near the North Carolina border, for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to join their team.
Candidates MUST be LCSW certified. The Social Worker will be working in a 12 bed Adult Inpatient Unit. You will be doing group therapy as well as One on One Therapy. We would consider newly licensed. An LCSW must have a Master’s in SW and then complete a minimum post-work experience (usually 2-3 years) and a licensing exam.
Responsible for providing direct clinical social work services to individuals receiving services and their families as a part of the interdisciplinary team. Conducts psychosocial assessments. Provides individual, family and group therapy. Assists in the formulation of individualized service plan through collaboration with the team and individual receiving services. Performs discharge planning. Maintains communication with the family referral source and other service providers as needed. Serves as a resource person to healthcare professionals concerning psychosocial problems and community resources. Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling and ability to work all shift patterns including weekends and holidays to insure continuity of care and appropriateness of coverage for the individuals receiving services. Provide care to individuals with consideration to age-specificity and diagnosis. Assist with utilization review.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from a graduate school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; Social Work license certification required.
- One or two years’ experience working with clients on either an outpatient or inpatient preferred.
- CPR required
- Ability to effectively assess, plan, implement therapeutic services in a multidisciplinary setting
- Skills in therapy and assessment, considerable knowledge of social work principles and practice, social health and welfare programs and laws governing eligibility for these programs
- Ability to mobilize and coordinate resources effectively
- Have knowledge about the needs of geriatric and adult populations
- Requires the ability to accept responsibility and accountability specific to the clinical treatment for assigned patients
- Requires the ability to respond quickly and calmly under stressful or emergency situations
- Requires strong interpersonal skills. Consistently communicates to co-workers, medical staff, ancillary departments and customers to promote a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Performs job duties in a kind and courteous manner throughout each encounter
- Effectively and efficiently assesses, plan, implement, and evaluate an individualized treatment plan
- Maintains composure and adjusts to workflow changes to assist in daily operations and patient needs
- Utilizing skills and knowledge, performs job functions including assessment, discharge planning, coordinating/mobilizing resources, group/individual/family therapy to provide patient care
- Professional – applies knowledge to practice through participation in performance improvement
- Pursues ongoing continuing education to remain current in practice
- Participates in development and attainment of departmental goals
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to new and improved work processes
- Maintains EOC standards by knowing and following procedures in emergency management, hazardous material management, life safety, infection control and security
- Possess the knowledge to safely apply theory and practice when providing and planning patient care
- Complies with regulatory requirements and Joint Commission National Patient Safety
- Goals in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Works as scheduled, without unplanned absences. Arrives on time and ready to work
- Productivity-ensures completion of assigned workloads and moves to unassigned work at own initiative
- Documentation is reflective of care provided
- Education-uses skills in assessment and therapy to meet patient/family learning needs
- Completes/attends all required in-services and unit staff meetings
- Consistently displays a mature and responsible demeanor
- Ability to problem-solve effectively to provide quality patient care
- Competently works with Paragon applications (computer system)
- Participates in a multidisciplinary treatment team and provides input for providing quality patient care
- Ability to work with adult and geriatric population
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push, pull, lift, moving about in work area and throughout hospital to accomplish tasks, finger (i.e., pick or type) and grasp
- Ability to express and exchange ideas via spoken work, conveying information to others in an audible, accurate and, on occasion, quick manner
- Able to perceive the nature of sounds with no less than 40 lb. loss at Hz, 1000 Hz and 2000 Hz with or without correction
- Perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature requiring occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or other move objects
- Worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; conditions are typical of office settings and administrative work
- Must be able to concentrate on work amid distractions such as noise, conversations, and foot traffic
- Must be able to consistently meet deadlines regardless of caseload; must be flexible in work hours in order to meet Inpatient and Partial Hospitalization Program operating needs
- Must maintain self-control in volatile or hostile situations such as when verbally or physically confronted
- Must be able to set and maintain therapeutic distance with clients; maintain therapeutic boundaries during treatment and following discharge
- Must be able to address and prioritize multiple task demands within established time frames
The town is the gateway to the Blue Ridge Mountains. The City is rich with tradition, shopping, recreation and scenic beauty. A visit here offers everything from quaint downtown shops to hiking and Old Time Bluegrass Music festivals. The city is home to the largest Old Time Bluegrass Fiddler’s Convention as well as the New River Trail.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services