Job Opening in a 200 bed hospital located about 1 hr from Olympia, Washington, for a Director of Surgical Services to join their team.
- Responsible for the administration and supervision of designated units, including Operating Room, Anesthesia, Central Sterile, Day Surgery, Post Anesthesia Recovery Room, and Special Procedures.
- Duties include:
- Overall planning and organizing of activities and staffing on the unit;
- Hiring, maintaining, disciplining and firing of personnel;
- Collaborating with other departments, physicians and the community;
- Participating in the financial management of the department including budgetary planning, equipment/supplies procurement and expense monitoring and responsibility.
- This is a 24 hour, seven day a week responsibility for the functioning of the department and is a member of the nursing administrative team.
- This position is responsible for developing, reviewing and revising all policies and procedures relevant to the departments.
- WA state RN license,
- BSN required, Masters preferred,
- CNOR preferred;
- Minimum five years clinical experience;
- Minimum three years demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience.
- Competency in effective perioperative management of patients.
- General Surgery
- Day/Outpatient Surgery
Total 35.3 FTE’s
Covered by union bargaining agreements
4 operating suites, planned expansion to 6
Approximately 5500 to 6000 surgical cases per year
No Neurological or Open Heart at this time
Sign on/relocation assistance
Would like someone who has shown stability in prior positions
Reports to CNO
The hospital is located on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula of Washington State, twenty miles from the Pacific Ocean. Close to numerous recreational and cultural activities, we enjoy a moderate marine climate with dry, warm summers and mild winters. Our location is ideal for rural living but within a short drive to Olympia, Seattle or Portland.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services