Job Opening in a 200 bed hospital located about 1 hr from Olympia, WA, for a Medical/Pediatric and Surgical Unit Clinical Manager to join their team.
The Medical/Pediatric and Surgical Unit Clinical Manager is a Registered Nurse who assists the Medical/Pediatric and Surgical Unit Director with the administrative and supervision responsibilities of the units, including the overall planning and organizing of activities and staffing on the unit; assisting with hiring, maintaining and disciplining personnel; coordinating with other departments, physicians and the community; participating in the financial management of the department including equipment/supplies procurement and expense monitoring and responsibility; and assisting with the coordination of performance improvement activities. The Medical/Pediatric and Surgical Unit Clinical Manager will take full responsibility of the unit in the Director’s absence and will take on-call responsibility along with the Medical/Pediatric and Surgical Unit Director.
- Current Washington State RN License; BSN preferred
- Current BLS certification required; ACLS preferred
- Minimal 3 years clinical experience in Med/Surg; minimum 1 year demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with multiple disciplines
- Ability to work variable shifts
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competency in effective management of unit patient population
- This is an exempt position
- Must be willing to obtain Medical/Surgical certification within the first year
Total 35.3 FTE’s – Med/Peds
Med/Peds Unit – 30 beds
Surgical Unit – 26 beds
Covered by union bargaining agreements
Sign on/relocation assistance
Report to Med/Peds/Surgical Director
The hospital is located on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula of Washington State, twenty miles from the Pacific Ocean. Close to numerous recreational and cultural activities, we enjoy a moderate marine climate with dry, warm summers and mild winters. Our location is ideal for rural living but within a short drive to Olympia, Seattle or Portland.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Medical/Pediatric and Surgical Unit Clinical Manager job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services