Job Opening for a Director of Nursing, Newborn Intensive Care Unit in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Regional position over two locations
- 60 bed NICU
- 38 bed NICU
- Master’s required and Academic experience preferred
- 200+ FTE’s
- Construction experience preferred
- Bonus potential up to 10%
- Facility has 350 beds plus
- Relocation assistance
This position provides administrative direction to the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) multi-disciplinary care center with an emphasis on quality management and enhanced customer service. The incumbent is responsible for providing leadership in all facets of patient care and is accountable for the initiation and completion of business and unit plans that ensure quality while utilizing available resources efficiently. This position is accountable for alignment of the care center vision with the organization mission, values and excellence goals (people, service, financial, clinical). Responsible for 24-hour accountability.
- Requires ability to communicate and collaborative effectively with all members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Requires the ability to build effective working relationships with the physicians.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of state and national regulatory agency guidelines.
- Requires the ability to lead quality improvement initiatives.
- Has ultimate accountability for the management and utilization of resources.
- Requires the ability to facilitate and lead work groups.
- Requires knowledge of the organization personnel policies and procedures.
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires ability to communicate sensitive issues with all level of employees/management.
- Requires strong customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to promote teamwork and build effective relationships.
- Requires the ability to take initiative and meet objectives.
- Requires a high level of interpersonal; problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Requires current State of Indiana licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA. Other advanced life support certification
- Requires a Master of Nursing or related fields (e.g. Public Health; Health Administration; Business
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services