Job Opening in a 200 bed hospital located about 1 hr from Olympia, WA, for a Patient Financial Services Director to join their team.
- The Director of Patient Financial Services is the operational leader responsible for effectively managing accounts receivable according to GHCH policy, goals and objectives.
- The identified director will provide leadership, strategic direction, and coordination of Grays Harbor Community Hospital staff and revenue cycle systems.
- Oversight and direction of business unit operations including: billing, collections, payer credentialing, pre-authorization, and denial management.
- Develop, plan and implement departmental strategic goals in concert with others on the Revenue Cycle Management team.
- Drive revenue cycle initiatives by providing leadership, coordination and subject matter expertise.
- Support the organization’s strategic plan, establish operational vision, objectives, policies and procedures for assigned department in support of overall strategy.
- Assist the organization in achieving operational excellence of key metrics and will help determine how processes can be aligned with best practices to achieve optimal results and measurable change, enabling GHCH to achieve its financial objectives while operating in full compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Demonstrate understanding of hospital and clinic operations and business practices.
- Provide the overall direction necessary to ensure efficient and effective billing, follow-up, and collection processes.
- Establish criteria for measuring and assessing the success and performance of the department.
- Lead efforts of the department to achieve financial targets, operational goals/budget, and strategic objectives.
- Oversee new systems, products, and business implementations for revenue cycle. Assess organizational strengths and weaknesses to recommend enhanced operational model.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years of hospital and medical group billing required.
- Minimum five (5) years in healthcare management required.
- Excellent understanding of provider and facility healthcare reimbursement and third party and government payer regulations including provider based and rural health clinics billing preferred.
- Meditech and Centricity EHR experience preferred.
- Must exhibit an extensive knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle requirements and compliance regulations.
Total 2 FTE’s
- FTE – Revenue Cycle Systems Analyst
- FTE – Office Analyst
Covered by union bargaining agreements
Reports to Executive Director of Finance
The hospital is located on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula of Washington State, twenty miles from the Pacific Ocean. Close to numerous recreational and cultural activities, we enjoy a moderate marine climate with dry, warm summers and mild winters. Our location is ideal for rural living but within a short drive to Olympia, Seattle or Portland.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services