Job opening in a 100+ bed hospital located in the Great Smoky Mountains area of Tennessee, for an Evening and Night shift Medical Technician or Medical Lab Technician to join their team.
$5000 Sign On Bonus available.
- Performs clinical laboratory assays in the following sections: Chemistry, Hematology/Coagulation, Blood Bank, Microbiology, Urinalysis/Serology/Clinical Microscopy and Serology.
- Operates, maintains and troubleshoots laboratory equipment consistent with training and work assignment.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities–Q.C., proficiency testing, process improvement, monitoring and competency testing.
- Collects blood specimens by venipuncture or capillary puncture.
- Prepares specimens and requisitions for referral.
- Prepares, maintains and distributes all required reports and records.
- Uses LIS according to Policy and Procedure.
- Maintains supplies inventories and controls supply usage.
- Processes outpatients and on-hospital patients for laboratory services including orders, specimen collection and patient education.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Lab Director, Lab Manager, Assistant Lab Manager or Section Supervisor.
- Maintains work area in a neat and organized manner; decontaminates area according to policy.
Qualifications for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be licensed in the State of Tennessee as MLT or MT
- Able to work as a Generalist in multiple areas of the lab
- Must have at least 1 year of experience as a MLT or MT
Nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains you’ll find a place known as “The Friendly City.” The downtown area features a host of boutiques, antique stores and specialty shops. There are also four shopping centers located in the area. Education is an important priority for this town. There are five schools in the City School System and several four-year colleges in the area. Tennessee Wesleyan College, located nearby, offers a wide range of majors in its four-year program. The University of Tennessee at both Knoxville and Chattanooga are within easy commuting distance. Whether you fish, hunt, hike or golf, Athens provides a host of recreational opportunities. The area is blessed with majestic mountains, vast forests and many miles of rivers and lake shorelines. Watts Bar Lake is a 39,000-acre recreation area that offers sailing, water skiing or fishing. The nearby beautiful Ocoee River is famous for its white-water rafting and kayaking, and the Tellico River is one of the most scenic trout streams in America. Hiking, fishing and camping are also available at Bald River Falls and in the Cherokee National Forest.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Medical Technician or Medical Lab Technician job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services