A 300+ bed hospital in GA, located about 2.5 hrs south of Atlanta, has a need for an experienced Employee Relations Manager to join their team. The Manager will be overseeing 9 FTEs.
The Manager, Employee Relations supports the Director, Human Resources with employee relations activities and workplace training. The manager provides consultation to Hospital teams on all issues related to morale, diversity, company policies and procedures and state and federal employment law in an effort to continuously improve and create a positive workplace for our employees.
- Develops guidelines and conducts hospital-wide training for Human Resources Directors in areas such as harassment and discrimination, union free workplace, accountability leadership, Equal Employment Opportunity, Family Medical Leave, American with Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, and various other policies, procedures and regulations.
- Makes recommendations and provides consultation to management and staff regarding employee practices, procedures, policies and state and federal law.
- Develops, administers and interprets Human Resources policies and handbooks for the Hospital Human Resource Department.
- Leads Human Resources legal case management process and all employment related litigation matters including agency charges, legal actions, and attorney inquiries.
- Leads investigations and consults with staff on potential employee relations issues and takes or recommends necessary corrective action.
- Monitors and administers corrective action / disciplinary process. Consults and advises management and staff on corrective action processes.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of current state and federal legal and regulatory legislation in the Human Resources area.
- Recommends new employee relations programs and policies for approval. Presents and facilitates employee relations training modules throughout the organization including new employee orientation.
- Formulates and administers effective and appropriate compliance with EEOC regulations. Educates managers/supervisors on EEO compliance, including employment practices and employee development.
- Responsible for completing the monthly HR statistical review including turnover, demographics, compliance, litigation, etc.
- Assist with staffing issues and formulate a plan to adjust appropriately
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: (Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
- Four-year degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
- 5 years of Employee Relations Management or Human Resources experience – Healthcare experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of state and federal laws related to Human Resource functions, plus strong working knowledge of policies, procedures and laws concerning recruitment, placement, separation, employee relations and investigative procedures.
- Proven ability to develop and conduct training programs in labor relations and workplace environment issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to utilize HRIS systems such as Lawson, KRONOS and Business Objects for reporting and data manipulation
This town is located about 2 hours from Atlanta yet has everything you could ever want! Enjoy the Riverwalk that runs through town or the many museums, performing arts center, historical centers, opera house, or the numerous parks in the restored downtown district. They also have a military base nearby as well as a university in town. This is the 3rd largest city in GA. From Broadway shows to the State Theater of Georgia – this city offers an array of venues with world-class entertainment. From the history of the foot soldier, the Civil War and prisoners of war – the city is home to nationally acclaimed museums. Visitors stroll back to genteel times in the Historic District where brick streets, ancient oaks and century-old homes are the order of the day. And they even has world class whitewater rafting! The natural flow from the river will create the longest urban whitewater course in the world. This incredible release will also restore the natural habitat of many aquatic species, including the shoal bass and fresh water mussel, making it a fisherman’s paradise. Come experience all the area has to offer!
For more information related to this job opportunity, please contact
Find and apply for Healthcare Executive and Management Jobs here at this site.