Director of Engineering job opening located in Vermont.
Relocation Assistance up to 6k
Not for profit, critical access hospital & some offsite locations
Under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Engineering has the overall responsibility for facilities/facilities engineering, security, and clinical engineering at the Hospital facilities.
The Director of Engineering will:
- Be responsible for development and oversight of the Fire Safety Management, Hazardous Materials and Waste Management, Medical Equipment Management, Safety Management, Security Management, and Utility Systems Management Plans.
- Manage the overall responsibility for compliance with OSHA/VOSHA, CMS Conditions of Participation and federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to facilities design, operation, and maintenance.
- Direct the Engineering, Clinical Engineering, and Security departments.
- Serve as the Safety Officer for the organization.
- 4 FTE’s
- 5 years’ experience in healthcare facilities operation, maintenance, and/or construction experience.
- 3 years’ experience in environmental health and safety, fire safety/life safety, and/or incident command systems experience.
- Emergency preparedness experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) (preferred).
- Masters in Healthcare Facilities Management, Healthcare Administration, or Business Administration(preferred).
*Must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 virus and provide required vaccination documentation unless approved for an exemption prior to starting employment. *
Outdoor recreation starts right in town with a bicycle/pedestrian path that runs along the Black River to meet the larger Connecticut River four miles downstream. Known as Hoyt’s Landing, this is a popular spot for boating, fishing, swimming, canoeing, kayaking, and water skiing. Nature enthusiasts also enjoy the North Springfield Bog, several parks, and local, full-service campgrounds.
The surrounding forests and trails offer hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing. Several mountain resorts are nearby and include Okemo, Killington, Stratton Mountain, Bromley and Magic Mountain. Golf enthusiasts can play and dine at Springfield’s 18-hole championship Crown Point Country Club, and at several other courses in nearby towns.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Director of Engineering Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services