OR – Clinical Educator job opening located in Oregon.
- 100-150 beds.
- Providers on Staff: 500+ most Specialties.
- The OR has 12 Rooms that include: 9 main OR, 1 vascular/heart, 1 heart, 1 hybrid (which is overseen by Cardiac service line director).
- They do a lot of: Robotics- GYN, General, urology, Ortho-total joints- (we have a mako robot) and podiatry, Neuro (spine- only neck down- no head procedures such as Craniotomies).
- CVOR is a growing service (which gyn,includes vascular).
- They do a smattering of: ENT, Plastics, and basic urology (they do not do c-sections).
- They do anywhere from 20-30 cases a day.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Perioperative Services, the Clinical Nurse Educator assists in planning, developing, coordinating, implementing, managing and evaluating educational experiences and orientation of staff.
- Responsibilities for staff development include acting as a facilitator, educator and resource person. Orients new staff or assigns a delegate as appropriate. Tracks orientation and educational progress of staff by periodic oversight, direct observation, and documenting progress, as well as personal interviewing. Coordinates students to ensure their arrival times, lengths and objectives while in department, as well as documentation needed.
- Current licensure as an RN in the State of Oregon upon hire.
- Bachelor’s Degree required within 3 years or Masters (preferred).
- CNOR or ability to obtain within 1 year.
- ASPAN or ability to obtain within 2 years.
- Qualifications: Excellent computer skills, specifically Excel and Word.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a nurse in a perioperative setting with a focus of Operating Room (additional experience in PACU preferred).
- Demonstrated competency in teaching.
- Experience in instruction/education required.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles required.
- Evidence of creativity, integrity, initiative and leadership skills.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume department, Ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate education programs.
- Possess cooperative working skills and the ability to communicate/work effectively with a wide variety of staff and physicians.
- Experience as a clinical preceptor.
- Ability to provide direct patient care once a week as assigned to maintain skills.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services