Nursing Department Manager, PACU and Diagnostic Imaging job opening located in Hawaii.
Bonus eligible up to 10%
Plans, develops, and implements provisions of quality nursing care for efficient operation of 24-hour, 7-days-a-week unit. Serves as manager, practitioner, educator, mentor, and consultant. Guides nursing leadership toward excellence in practice. Serves as role model. Supervises assigned staff.
- Responds to patient/family complaints. Fulfills role of advocate for patients and families.
- Monitors and coordinates patient care provided by nursing on 24-hour basis.
- Provides nursing consultation to unit staff, peers, other hospital personnel, adjunct staff and nursing students and instructors.
- Responds to unit emergencies. Directs staff in crisis.
- Fulfills role of nursing staff advocate. Listens to staff concerns. Responds in clear, calm, consistent and timely manner.
- Ensures staff development. Coordinates unit in-services to meet identified core and unit focused competencies.
- Schedules and assigns staff in accordance with patient care, budget guidelines, and current unit acuities. Promotes effective use of resources.
- Attends and participates in nursing department and other assigned meetings.
- Develops and implements plans/projects to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Monitors and reports status and progress to supervisor.
- Monitors and evaluates quality and appropriateness of patient care, quality control items and patient satisfaction.
- Maintains safe environment. Tracks status of identified problems or areas of non-compliance to ensure effectiveness of corrective action.
- Serves as resource, technical expert/spokesperson in area of specialization assuring provision of safe patient care.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise, competency and licensing necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the unit.
- Provides direct patient care on an as needed basis. Provides services that are within scope of license and in compliance with all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements relevant to clinical role performed.
- Incorporates the Hospital Nursing Vision, Model and Values throughout their Nursing Practice.
- Hires, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, and terminates assigned staff as appropriate.
- Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities, and authority parameters to assigned staff.
Describe how this position fits in your organization.
- This position will manage all staff in the PACU and the RNs who work in Diagnostic Imaging. There are 17 PACU bays and approximately 35 direct reports. There are no Assistant Managers in PACU. This position reports to the Director of Perioperative.
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please include team and company culture.
- We are one of America’s leading health care providers and nonprofit health plans. We serve 12.5 million people in California, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Oregon, Virginia, and Washington. There is room for growth.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical nursing experience relevant to a given position/department required, including three (3) years of management, supervisory or leadership* experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) required at hire
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change management, conflict resolution, decision making, customer service, group process facilitation, influence/leadership, interpersonal relations, mentoring, oral communication, problem solving, quality management, systems thinking, team building, teamwork, and written communication.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
- Master’s degree in nursing administration or public health administration.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services