Director of Safety, Risk Management job opening located in central California.
We are looking for a Director of Risk Management Safety to join our team! In your role, you will be integral to organization-wide safety and risk management. Your leadership and knowledge will be key as you analyze, select, implement, and evaluate programs necessary to support the strategic direction of patient safety/risk management programs.
We know that our ability to provide the highest level of care begins with our incredible staff. Because of this, we provide unique benefits like free concierge services to run your errands while you work and well-being support through on-demand resources, as well as excellent retirement options and core benefits. Financial benefits are important too, and outside base compensation, we provide relocation bonuses if you are moving to our wonderful community.
Your Career | Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.
In your role, you will:
- Oversee supervision and coordination of the patient safety/risk and environmental management department and staff. Provide tools and developmental opportunities for staff that are necessary for performance.
- Represent system management, committees, and outside entities. Collaborate with other programs or outside entities as necessary to support and enhance system-wide goals
- Establish policies, procedures and practices necessary for the effective and efficient human resource, business and regulatory operations of the patient safety/risk management programs. Ensure these policies, procedures and practices are in accordance with appropriate laws and regulations.
Education and Experience Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare related field required
- 7 years of experience in the healthcare or informatics fields required
- Previous employment in a highly confidential position within a Patient Safety, Risk Management or Regulatory Compliance department required
Licenses and Certifications:
- RN – Current State of California Registered Nurse license required or
- CPHQ – Certified Professional Healthcare Quality required or
- CPHRM – Certified Healthcare Risk Management required
- Master’s Degree in a healthcare related field preferred
- Hospital, healthcare or not-for-profit industry experience preferred
Please note: Per the CDPH order, all healthcare workers are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved exemption and test regularly.
Please note: If any bonuses are noted, they are only applicable to external hires and those candidates meeting current bonus requirements.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
7 years of experience in the healthcare or informatics fields required
RN – Current State of California RN, or CPHQ or CPHRM
Previous employment in a highly confidential position within a Patient Safety, Risk Management.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services