Pharmacy Manager job opening located in Arizona.
This position leads the clinical and operational pharmacy services throughout. This role works collaboratively with Leaders to promote institutional strategy alignment and standardization throughout all sites of care. This individual supervises staff who work within the inpatient and outpatient environments. As a leader within the pharmacy, this role collaborates with other pharmacy leaders to ensure quality, safety and financial goals are consistently met within their respective areas of responsibility. The Manager reports directly to the Vice President Chief Pharmacy Officer.
- Provides leadership and guidance for pharmacy services that support the clinical and operational functions of the organization.
- Supervises and mentors a team of Clinical Pharmacy Specialists, Clinical Pharmacists and other staff who provide day-to-day clinical and operational support.
- In collaboration with other department and organization leaders, develops and executes strategies that align shared goals and promote positive clinical and operational outcomes.
- Proactively communicates patient and departmental needs along with other pertinent information to enhance continuity of patient care.
- Develops and supports departmental data analysis over respective areas of responsibility to produce key performance metrics to promote ongoing financial, compliance, operational and clinical progress.
- Supports the ongoing optimization of departmental and organizational processes to facilitate safe, efficient, and innovative practices.
- Promotes quality assurance and medication safety initiatives within all areas of responsibility.
- Maintains competency as a clinical pharmacist to be able to support staffing roles in times of need.
- Within assigned areas of influence, supports ongoing compliance of regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Current license or eligible as a pharmacist either by reciprocity or examination by the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy. Required
- Board certification as a Pediatric Pharmacy Specialist (BCPPS), Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS), Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP), and/or equivalent. Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) or Doctoral Degree (Pharm.D) in Pharmacy. Required
- Completion of a post-graduate year 1 (PGY-1) and/or PGY-2 pharmacy residency program accredited by ASHP or similar experience in pediatrics and/or hematology/oncology. Preferred
- Master`s Degree in business administration, health care administration or other applicable area. Preferred
- Five (5) years of progressive pharmacy practice experience within an acute care environment to include a minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience with direct reports. Required
- Previous experience working with a pediatric ambulatory infusion center or equivalent. Preferred
- Previous health system experience managing multiple sites of care. Preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to support the overall needs of the department and organization. Required
- Ability to organize initiatives and prioritize tasks while taking direction from multiple leaders throughout the organization. Required
- Ability to provide mentorship to staff to support growth and development of future leaders. Required
- Excellent communication skills to include oral and written comprehension at all levels. Required
- Ability to comprehend and analyze information, problem solve and use independent judgment. Required
- Ability to identify new opportunities for change while optimizing historical practices and processes. Required
- Experience with Pharmacy Residency Programs and precepting students. Required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other departmental hardware/software solutions. Required
Arizona’s premier hospital for family-centered, pediatric care for patients with complex medical needs. We’re proud of the broad and deep experience our expert team of physicians and staff brings across more than 75 pediatric subspecialties — experience you won’t find anyplace else in Arizona.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Pharmacy Manager Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services