Interim Manager of Operating Room job opening located west Oregon near mid to southern coast area.
- 100-150 beds.,
- Providers on Staff: 500+ Specialties. Cardiology, Cardiovascular Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Gynecology. Hospitalists, Infectious Disease. Internal Medicine. Midwives. Obstetrics. Open Heart Surgery, Orthopedics, Pediatric Hospitalists, Plastic Surgery, Radiology, Robotic-Assisted Surgery, Spine Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Wound care.
- The OR has 12 Rooms that include: 9 main OR, 1 vascular/heart, 1 heart, 1 hybrid (which is overseen by Cardiac service line director). They do a lot of: Robotics- GYN, General, urology, Ortho-total joints- (we have a mako robot) and podiatry, Neuro (spine- only neck down- no head procedures such as Craniotomies).
- CVOR is a growing service (which gyn,includes vascular).
- They do a smattering of: ENT, Plastics, and basic urology (they do not do c-sections).
- Have 70 FTEs including CNA’s, housekeeping, anesthesia techs, plus RN’s and CST’s. They do anywhere from 20-30 cases a day.
- Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations person, prepare and oversee staffing including call scheduling and creating a letter of weekly communication.
- Will be instrumental in implementation of new practices and shoring up the usual turnover times and on time starts.
- Expectation will be a mix of “hands on” and office work everyday. There is a lot of opportunity for improvement!
- The staff/physician and leadership are highly engaged and supportive.
- Their physicians and anesthesia are good to work with and the nursing staff work together as a team.
- Reporting structure: OR Manager reports to Director of Periop Services.
- There are 2 schedulers and a billing person.
- Administrative assistant does payroll.
- Three to five years pertinent clinical/management experience in the operating room.
- Clinical excellence, leadership abilities, teaching competency, critical thinking, excellent communication skills.
- Requires 3 years management experience.
- RN License.
- BSN or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Current BLS.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services