Chief Nursing Executive (CNE) job opening located in the San Francisco Bay Area of California.
The Chief Nursing Executive (CNE) serves as the primary resource in assuring the delivery of high-quality, cost-effective nursing care to patient populations at the affiliate. The CNE reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CNE also reports indirectly to the Health System Chief Nurse Officer (CNO) and works closely with the Chief Medical Executive (CME).
This position has overall accountability for providing leadership, direction, and administration of day-to-day operations associated with direct patient care activities and clinical education and development, including continuous improvement of nursing services and staff to meet the needs and expectations of those served by the affiliate, while maintaining a high level of visibility and engagement at the facility, operating unit and system levels. Ensures the realization of quality and economical health care services within established facility and system guidelines and philosophies. This position is responsible for driving, supporting and modeling a service-oriented culture focused on employee engagement, quality and patient safety, service excellence, operational efficiency and affordability, and the overall patient experience. Serves as a member of the executive leadership team, building and supporting effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external constituents and stakeholders and ensuring optimal operating effectiveness and strategic positioning.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- BSN required
- Master’s level degree required; MSN preferred, MHA, MBA, or degree in an applicable area may also be considered
- Current CA RN license required
- Labor/ Union Experience
- Experience as a Chief Nursing Executive or Chief Nursing Officer preferred.
- Extensive nursing experience as Director of Nursing or Assistant Director of Nursing in an acute care hospital with demonstrated increasing level of responsibility in management (minimum of 4 years required).
- Must have experience with medical staff liaison, group leadership and organizational services and financial planning and budget management.
- Experience in new program/business development and contract negotiation is desirable.
- Successful completion of leadership development programs
- 145 beds hospital
- FTE’S: 6 5 Directors and 1 manager
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services