OR – Clinical Educator job opening located in Oregon.
- 100-150 beds.
- Providers on Staff: 500+ most Specialties.
- The OR has 12 Rooms that include: 9 main OR, 1 vascular/heart, 1 heart, 1 hybrid (which is overseen by Cardiac service line director).
- They do a lot of: Robotics- GYN, General, urology, Ortho-total joints- (we have a mako robot) and podiatry, Neuro (spine- only neck down- no head procedures such as Craniotomies). CVOR is a growing service (which gyn,includes vascular).
- They do a smattering of: ENT, Plastics, and basic urology (they do not do c-sections).
- They do anywhere from 20-30 cases a day.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Perioperative Services, the Clinical Nurse Educator assists in planning, developing, coordinating, implementing, managing and evaluating educational experiences and orientation of staff.
- Responsibilities for staff development include acting as a facilitator, educator and resource person. Orients new staff or assigns a delegate as appropriate.
- Tracks orientation and educational progress of staff by periodic oversight, direct observation, and documenting progress, as well as personal interviewing.
- Coordinates students to ensure their arrival times, lengths and objectives while in department, as well as documentation needed.
- Current licensure as an RN in the State of Oregon upon hire.
- Bachelor’s Degree required within 3 years or Masters (preferred).
- CNOR or ability to obtain within 1 year.
- ASPAN or ability to obtain within 2 years.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Excel and Word.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a nurse in a perioperative setting with a focus of Operating Room (additional experience in PACU preferred).
- Demonstrated competency in teaching.
- Experience in instruction/education required.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles required.
- Evidence of creativity, integrity, initiative and leadership skills.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume department, Ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate education programs.
- Possess cooperative working skills and the ability to communicate/work effectively with a wide variety of staff and physicians.
- Experience as a clinical preceptor.
- Ability to provide direct patient care once a week as assigned to maintain skills.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services