Chief Medical Officer job opening located in Hawaii.
- The function of this organizational unit is to serve as liaison between the Regional CEO and the Medical Staff and hospital in the system; and oversee all clinical and related activities of the hospital (90+ bed hospital)
- The position of Chief Medical Officer is an experienced physician leader who effectively provides liaison between the medical staff and hospital/corporate administration.
- The position carries with it the full authority for overseeing all clinical and medical activities of the hospital/medical center.
- As a member of the hospital management team, the Chief Medical Officer is the driver of clinical quality improvement, especially with regard to medical staff involvement, and always attentive to the concerns of the medical staff.
- One of the primary functions is to oversee evaluation and management of the clinical practices within the hospital.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SHIFTS AS NECESSARY BASED ON HOSPITAL OPERATIONS; SERVICES ARE PROVIDED 24/7.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited college of medicine or osteopathy, completed an approved internship.
- Three (3) years full time clinical practice after residency required.
- Two (2) years of medical staff leadership with increasing responsibilities, such as Chief of Staff or Department Chairperson required.
- Experience with hospital medical staff credentials and peer review activities required. Experience managing physician performance in a hospital or group setting preferred.
- Development and implementation of quality improvement programs, including physician profiling and resources management preferred.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Hawaii upon hire.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services