Director of Diagnostic Imaging job opening located in New Mexico.
Manages and coordinates the activities of assigned radiology technologists, mammographers, MRI, CT, US and nursing at the Imaging Center and Healthplex . Manages and coordinates activities of radiologic technologists, diagnostic medical sonographers and clerical personnel at assigned clinics. Provides accurate diagnostic data for interpretation by the radiologist and use by medical provider in providing patient care. Prepares and manages department budgets, ensures efficient and coordinated staffing flow among clinics or specialty areas, and ensures purchase of radiology equipment and supplies is cost-effective and meets quality standards.
This position will comply with all quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Report’s safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
• Manages staffing for various outpatient clinics and radiology specialty groups.
• Prepares, oversees and executes budget for assigned departments/facilities.
• Researches, evaluates, and authorizes purchase of capital equipment and supplies for assigned radiology clinics.
• Oversees implementation of policies, procedures, and quality standards.
Interviews, selects, orients, evaluates, and disciplines radiology staff in compliance with EEO/AA goals and personnel policies of the organization.
• Compiles statistical data provided by reporting supervisors and prepares reports related to operating costs and services rendered.
• Ensures reporting clinics/specialty groups maintain standards of quality assurance and patient service.
• Provides follow-up to any QA problem encountered. Follows-up on customer service issues for resolution/recovery, most often including direct involvement with members.
• Monitor’s radiology customer service from a global perspective, e.g., service delivery model.
• Ability to oversee two outpatient clinics successfully.
• Minimum three (3) years of progressively responsible experience that includes a combination of radiologic technologist, or cardiopulmonary and lead or supervisory experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, business management or related field required.
• Master’s degree Preferred.
License, Certification, Registration
• Completion of an approved training program in radiologic technology or cardiopulmonary currently registered as a radiologic technologist with the ARRT and/or ARDMS or registered respiratory therapist with a specialty credential. Current NM license to practice as a Respiratory Therapist or Radiology Tech (NM license may vary depending on registry).
This is a full-time exempt position.
Our benefit package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness Program, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Program, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, AD&D insurance, Childcare Assistance, Tuition Reimbursement, Identity Theft Protection insurance, and Relocation Assistance.
We are a 199-bed medical/surgical teaching hospital located in sunny Las Cruces, New Mexico with a population of 110,000 and a service area population of 300,000. Las Cruces offers a multitude of outdoor adventures, unique culinary experiences, vibrant heritage and culture, top-rated farmers markets and beautiful views of the Organ Mountains. The city is known for its safe and affordable living conditions, beautiful scenery, outstanding educational system, friendly people and high-quality health care. It is just 40 minutes from El Paso (metro population of 800,000), and El Paso International Airport with connections to worldwide destinations. For education, Las Cruces is the home of New Mexico State University, the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doña Ana Community College, and outstanding K-12 schools.
Mission of “Making Communities Healthier” allows every team member to focus on the exceptional care we provide our families, friends, and neighbors. We strive to create places where people choose to come for healthcare, physicians want to practice and employees want to work. Our focus in these areas is evident daily as we deliver high quality patient care, support our physicians, create excellent workplaces for our employees and take leadership roles our community all while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Director of Diagnostic Imaging Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services