RN Case Manger Supervisor job opening located in Wyoming.
Two smaller hospitals located in beautiful WY, about 3 hrs from Jackson, has a need for a RN Case Manager Supervisor to join their team. This person will oversee two other Case Managers and will be in charge of and work at both locations.
A self-directed and assertive registered professional nurse with a clear understanding of the global picture of care facilitation. The CM Supervisor provides leadership, direction, and coaching to the healthcare team with a primary focus on matching patient care needs to the appropriate admission or continued stay status through the use of evidence-based tools, physician engagement and clinical expertise. The purpose of this focus is to ensure the patient stays at the appropriate care level and ensures medically necessary adjustments are made that promote quality care outcomes and cost effective transitions. The CM Supervisor is a subject matter expert who ensures prompt and complete clinical information is submitted to payers for initial and continued certification consistent with the use of standards of patient care and nursing practices, actively works to mitigate both concurrent and post-discharge denial risks and is actively involved with the appeals processes. The CM Supervisor provides real-time information on current patient status and needs to ensure proper progression through the healthcare system, issuing updates on a daily basis so that all team members are aware of patient needs. The CM Supervisor adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Wyoming Registered Nurse
- Current WY RN license or compact equivalent
- Case Management Certification preferred
- Must attend education programs to maintain required CE hours for active credentials
- BLS certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment from an approved American Heart Association training center
- RN required, BSN preferred. May be an RN with BS in health related field.
Minimum Work Experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in acute care, case management or related experience preferred. 2 years of Case Management required.
- Proficient in the application of InterQual criteria preferred.
- Hands-on experience utilizing computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Medhost and/or MorCare preferred).
- Must possess excellent documentation skills along with written and verbal communication skills. Excellent critical thinking skills, negotiating skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task necessary. Proven leadership and diplomacy skills to affect positive case management outcomes.
- Skilled in coaching and conflict management to maximize the achievement of case management outcomes.
- Near visual acuity for close paperwork; and good motor coordination required to operate photocopier, CRT and computer.
- Good hearing essential to operate telephone and assist physicians, office personnel and the public
This town has a population of approximately 37,000 with major urban centers such as Salt Lake City, Utah, Billings, Montana, and Denver, Colorado an easy half-day drive away. This town is where people want to live in a place where they can go fishing after work, where the checker at the grocery store doesn’t need ID to accept their check, where they can enjoy the simple pleasure of listening to their children sing in the Community Children’s’ Chorale. Low population density, low crime rate, and a great location make the serenity of life in this city one of its most outstanding features. People work hard, but they work without the stress of living in a city where high-pressure jobs are matched by high-pressure lifestyles. We’re in the middle of a desert area, 30 minutes from mountains and pristine rivers. The wildlife and majesty is all there for those that want to venture out. We’re centrally located, so everything in the state is within 3-4 hours, Yellowstone and Jackson Hole to name a few. There’s downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, hunting, fishing, camping, and hiking, 4-wheeling, snowmobiling, boating, etc.
More to know:
- Local airport with United Express service to Denver, CO
- Great public and private education opportunities for school age children
- Secondary Education – Central Wyoming College
- Access to University of Wyoming via Central Wyoming College
Close to Jackson Hole Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park
SLC Utah – 4.5 hours away by car
Billings, MT – 4 hours away by car
Denver, Colorado – 6 hours away by car
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services