Director Case Management job opening located in Idaho.
A 100+ bed hospital, located in Western ID, along the Snake River and right on the border of WA, has a need for an experienced Director of Case Management to join their team. Candidates can be a RN or a Social Worker.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of case and utilization management programs and services. This position provides leadership, direction and support for Case Management Services in the pursuit for best practice to achieve quality outcomes, reduce costs, and shape and interpret the standards required to ensure a high degree of patient, physician and employee satisfaction.
PRIMARY (ESSENTIAL) DUTIES
1. Plans, directs and monitors the case and utilization management program(s). Provides advice, counsel, feedback and coordination to promote a collegiality between staff, physicians and the leadership team.
2. Ensures that development of case management services across the continuum leads to outcomes supportive of the organizations strategic plan. Designs and implements processes to ensure appropriate care coordination in accordance with regulatory and standards of safety.
3. Provides direction for multidisciplinary process improvement activities, including the establishment of performance measures to attain optimal clinical, operational, financial and satisfaction outcomes. Directs the collection, analysis and presentation of data on utilization patterns and other program outcomes.
4. Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and personnel evaluations. This position also participates in the development of Case Management goals and objectives in accordance with company standards.
5. Manages the financial and capital resources for case management services by monitoring operating revenue and expenses, establishing and maintaining cost control programs and developing and implementing new or revised programs and/or services. Develops and implements strategies to work with all external customers to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
6. Develops and oversees the department budget in conjunction with corporate goals and objectives. This position is accountable for meeting annual budgetary goals.
7. Assesses patient satisfaction in areas of responsibility; sets a high standard for staff and leadership to improve patient satisfaction as measured by survey scores.
Reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Social Work required, MSN/MSW preferred.
- Certified Case Management certification preferred on date of hire and required to be completed within one year of hire.
- Must have at least 2 years of management experience and two years of providing care in an acute care setting.
- Must possess demonstrated flexibility in responding to the needs of multiple constituencies with a service-oriented philosophy. Must also possess demonstrated skill in problem analysis, project management, contract negotiation, conflict resolution and oral/written presentation. Requires strong working knowledge of utilization management, care management, regulatory standards and reimbursement across the continuum of care.
With warm weather and mild winters, this area has more sunny days than almost any other place in the Northwest! Recreational opportunities abound, from premiere waterskiing, jet boating, sailing, whitewater rafting, hunting, fishing, swimming, golfing, hiking and camping to shopping, family fun, and fantastic events. Miles of paved levee pathways follow the rivers for walking, jogging and biking. You can find some of the greatest fishing for salmon, steelhead, small mouth bass, trout and sturgeon. Snow skiing and snowmobiling are only a short drive away. Shopping in downtown provides many opportunities for antiques, art galleries, gift stores, viewing historic buildings and stopping along the way to dine at local eateries or to grab an espresso at the local coffee house. The mall houses a complementary mix of retail specialty stores, restaurants and service centers in a climate-controlled facility or head over to the Plaza for local retail chains such as Pier One Imports, TJ Maxx and Eddie Bauer.
Spokane, WA (104)
Coeur d’Alene, ID (116)
Missoula, MT (217)
Boise, ID (267)
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services