Physician Assistant for Urology Surgery job opening located in Maryland.
A hospital located about 45 mins from Washington DC in MD, is looking for an experienced Physician Assistant for Urology Surgery.
To provide direct care to surgical patients pre-operatively, intra-operatively, and post-operatively under the supervision of a physician/ surgeon either in a clinical or a hospital setting.
- Provide comprehensive evaluation, management, and care of pre and post operative patients. Develop comprehensive plan of care and review with supervising physician. Order appropriate tests and treatments. Interpret test results and document appropriately. Prescribe medications as indicated.
- Perform minor procedures such as insertion of foley catheters, cystometrogram (CMG), Uroflow & measurement of post-void residual Urine (PVR).
- Assist in surgical rounds at hospital.
- Assist Surgeon during surgical procedure by carrying out surgical functions in order to ensure optimal results to the patient.
- Regularly review the PSA tracking and intermittent hormone therapy for prostate cancer program and manage treatment of patients in the tracking program.
- Participate in patient education specific to surgical procedures and post-operative care.
- Collaborate with the physician and other clinical staff members to maintain continuity of care.
- Refer patients to supervising physician or, with physician agreement, to other health/ professionals as appropriate.
- Participate in developing, reviewing and revising medical/surgical protocols.
- Participate in current and future departmental research projects.
- Participate in training of staff and students as necessary or indicated.
- Integrate the principles of patient safety and quality care into daily practice.
- Perform other related duties as directed and within scope of practice.
- Experience assisting in surgery is mandatory.
- Graduation from an accredited PA program.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- License, Certification, Registration
- State licensure valid in jurisdiction where assigned.
- Current or pending prescription authority including DEA&CLS required if authorized to prescribe controlled substances.
- Board Certification from NCCPA – renewed every 6 years.
- Current ACLS certification from American Heart Association.
- Written practice agreement with a supervising physician (on file in the Kaiser Permanente.
- Physician Professional Quality Assurance Office (PPQA) and the appropriate State Board.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- Enrollment in PECOS required.
- The practitioner will be assigned to a specific location every day depending on surgical cases (i.e., at hospitals and ASC) and clinic need which will be determined by the Area Service Chief.
- Location assignments will be made monthly whenever possible, according to access needs; assignment sites may be changed on short notice.
- This is a physically and emotionally demanding job requiring significant commitment to learning new skills as well as prolonged standing (up to six (6) hours at an operation table).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the last five (5) years as a physician assistant.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
- Experience with perioperative education and postoperative care.
- Current or pending State licensure in Maryland, DC and Virginia
- Strong preference for 20-case first assist experience in robotic urologic surgeries.
- Experience preferred in Urology.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services