Lab Manager job opening located in North Carolina.
A midsized hospital near Charlotte, NC, has a need for a Lab Manager to join their team. This is a Day shift position. The Manager will be overseeing 25 FTEs and will report to the Lab Director.
Directs and develops Team Leaders and other Teammates in the execution of the group’s responsibilities. Manages group as an operational unit and responsible to accomplish company goals and targets in accordance with all company policies, procedures, methods, and quality standards for safety, product quality, customer satisfaction, accuracy, productivity, cost reduction, housekeeping, efficiency, training, teamwork, and morale.
- Lead, supervise, administer, plan and support the development and coordination of teammates, process improvements, and support testing operation on all shifts.
- Teach and develop direct reports to perform their roles.
- Lead daily huddle and weekly leader huddle.
- Develop solutions for complex problems based on facts, observations, experience and judgment, and escalate problems as needed. Coach and develop direct reports to lead problem solving activities.
- Ensures the quality of testing in area of responsibility. Investigates quality issues and implements permanent countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence. Documents abnormal conditions or quality issues and provides feedback to appropriate personnel.
- Performs basic administrative functions, including budget preparation, adherence to budget, and human resource duties such as hiring, performance evaluations, and corrective action.
- A minimum of 30% of each day is focused on continuous improvement.
- Identify sources of waste; develop and implement plans to eliminate sources of waste.
- Daily activities will include ensuring standard work can be followed, monitoring safety and quality, and facilitating troubleshooting support.
- Participate in the development of targets and processes to achieve section and company goals. Work with management, teammates, and technical specialists to improve safety, quality, reliability, equipment run time, operating practices and cost. Actively supports management in the development and achievement of targets.
- Communicate direction, plans, goals and implementation tactics to meet organizational goals.
- Identify the need for equipment and testing process improvement activities.
- Coordinate projects with management, teammates, technical specialists, and other departments.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology is required. ASCP certification is required.
- A minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of relevant previous leadership or supervisory experience. Can include Team Leader experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a leadership role.
- Thorough understanding of company product, trade terminology, quality management and control systems and techniques, testing processes including materials, work flow, scheduling, supplies, instrument operation, and company policies as standards.
- Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Have extensive computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel in particular).
- Ability to work with a dynamic team and demanding customers. Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Ability to plan, supervise, and perform functions of assigned areas.
- Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services