Med Surg/ICU Director job opening located in Illinois (1 hour north of Carbondale).
40+ licensed beds, for profit healthcare system
Under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, the Director of Med/Surg/ICU provides the staff development expertise as a leader, educator, consultant, facilitator, change agent and researcher to nurses in the units. Supports the development of the bedside nurse and fosters empowerment through skills, experience and knowledge to achieve excellence during the delivery of evidence based nursing practice. Requires the knowledge and skill of professional nursing theory and practice, leadership in administration, principles of effective teaching and learning, fiscal management and effective interpersonal relationships and communication. Assumes responsibility of care of patients as they move through the hospital and into other level of care in the organization and community. Twenty-four hour accountability for assigned unit required. Responsible for multiple departments.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Professional Nursing; BSN or MSN preferred.
- At least two years previous experience in clinical unit required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team and excellent communication skills required.
- Manager or Charge Nurse in clinical unit preferred.
- Current IL RN license required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through The American Heart Association or American Red Cross is required upon hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) must be obtained by the end of the month following the hire date.
- 4 Bed Intensive Care Unit
- 31 FTE’s
Population of 18,000. Close to major cities like St. Louis, MO (1h 15 min), Chicago, IL (4h 6 min), Indianapolis, IN (3h 9min) and many more. Attractions include: Rend Lake, Mitchell Museum, Cedarhurst center for the arts, Aquatic Zoo, and more.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services