ICU Director job opening in a 300+ bed hospital located in GA, located about 2.5 hrs south of Atlanta. The Director oversees 2 units: Cardiovascular ICU and Med Surg ICU. There is a total of 40 beds between units. The Director will oversee 75-90 employees and report to the CNO.
Under minimal direction; oversee the provision of high-quality patient care in the assigned unit. Implement, maintain, and ensure quality service, personnel management, and the allocation and management of resources to ensure the provision of consistent, high-quality patient care.
Bachelor’s degree Required; Master’s degree Preferred
Graduate of a Program in Nursing
Basic Life Support (BLS) Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Valid licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Georgia
Minimum Work Experience
Five (5) years of hospital based patient care experience as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Experience as a Charge Nurse or similar leadership role is required.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical,
- administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates incompliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
This town is located about 2 hours from Atlanta yet has everything you could ever want! Enjoy the Riverwalk that runs through town or the many museums, performing arts center, historical centers, opera house, or the numerous parks in the restored downtown district. They also have a military base nearby as well as a university in town. This is the 3rd largest city in GA. From Broadway shows to the State Theatre of Georgia – this city offers an array of venues with world-class entertainment. From the history of the foot soldier, the Civil War and prisoners of war – the city is home to nationally acclaimed museums. Visitors stroll back to genteel times in the Historic District where brick streets, ancient oaks and century-old homes are the order of the day. And they even has world class whitewater rafting! The natural flow from the river will create the longest urban whitewater course in the world. This incredible release will also restore the natural habitat of many aquatic species, including the shoal bass and fresh water mussel, making it a fisherman’s paradise. Come experience all the area has to offer!
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the ICU Director Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services