Lab Director job opening located in Tennessee.
A hospital located in TN, within 2 hours of Nashville, is seeking a Lab Director to join their team.
They are Looking for:
- Knowledge of laboratory documentation around joint commission
- Winning attitude
- Strong leadership
Responsible for direction and coordination of the Laboratory Department in an acute care hospital. Activities included are performance of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests performed in the Laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Ensures that services are of the best quality, are cost contained and are carried out in an expeditious manner. Responsible for recognizing results or problems that require referral. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in continuous improvement activities. Formulates budget. Maintains effective physician and intra-departmental relations.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry. Master’s degree preferred.
- Current Medical Technologist licensure in the State of Tennessee strongly preferred but will consider someone who is willing to obtain the TN license.
- Minimum of five years of managerial experience in the laboratory of an acute care hospital.
- Prefer experience with regulatory and accreditation of laboratory operations.
They will consider someone who has been a Lab Manager who wants to move to the next step up to the Director level.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services