CFO job opening in a 150+ bed hospital located in Central Arkansas, about an hour from Little Rock. Candidates ABSOLUTELY MUST have acute care For Profit hospital experience to be considered, with at least net revs of $100M. They are looking for an engaged CFO that will work well with the CEO and someone who wants to be part of the community.
The Chief Financial Officer provides leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility of the hospital. Duties would include, but are not limited to, the following:
Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses.
- Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third party payor cost reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and the knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals, and verbal, interpersonal and quantitative skills normally acquired through completion of this degree is required.
- CPA or Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in an acute-care hospital is required.
- Minimum of three years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization required.
- Must be a strong, hands-on and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team-player and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
This city is a vibrant, progressive community located in the Diamond Lakes region of the scenic Ouachita Mountains in central Arkansas. Nearby cities are known for naturally heated springs, many of them in the nearby Hot Springs National Park. The city is near the home base to live thoroughbred racing and gaming at Oaklawn, Magic Springs/Crystal Falls theme and water parks, the 210-acre Garvan Woodland Gardens, The Gangster Museum of America, and a renowned arts community with plenty of gallery options. Outdoor activities in the area include mountain biking, hiking, golf, horseback riding, fishing, digging for quartz crystals and water sports that center around the Diamond Lakes Catherine, DeGray, Greeson, Hamilton and Ouachita. There are also a number of campgrounds just outside the city. More outdoor options can also be found at the Ouachita National Forest. Surrounded by lakes and situated near the border of the Ouachita National Forest, the town is also home to Hot Springs National Park, which happens to be the only national park in America located within city limits. As such, the place resides in a pretty prime location if you enjoy natural beauty and outdoor endeavors. It also happens to be rich in history and culture. A lot is happening there, and a lot has already happened. The city is home to a population of about 35,000 residents.
Little Rock, AR (55)
Texarkana, AR (116)
Fayetteville, AR (190)
Memphis, TN (189)
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services