Accountant job opening in a small 50 bed, Level III Trauma hospital, located 1.5 hrs from Denver.
Supports the Controller in the operation of the hospital’s Accounting Department. Assists in the preparation of all daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports. Performs various financial analyses, writes journal entries, maintains statistics, and prepares account reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- Two years experience in the accounting department with significant responsibilities for general ledger accounting; and general knowledge of accounting software programs and their operation.
- Experience with HMS, Host, and Lawson is preferred, but not required.
- Healthcare industry experience is preferred.
- Requires experience/proficiency using Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint; accuracy in Ten-key adding machine skills; strong math skills and be able to perform financial calculations; excellent customer service skills; excellent critical thinking skills and decisive judgment; ability to work independently, be self-motivated/directed, and work with minimal supervision; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain positive, professional working relationships throughout the organization; ability to maintain confidentiality of all information; ability to multi-task; ability to prioritize; ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures; skilled at identifying problems, thinking through problems logically and considering all aspects of the situation, using problem-solving methodologies, and recommending/finding solutions; excellent oral and written communication skills/ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in a professional manner; ability to listen carefully and obtain clarification; ability to provide follow-up in an accurate and timely manner; ability to be highly organized and capable of establishing priorities to consistently meet organizational deadlines; ability to work well under stressful conditions with time constraints, frequent interruptions, and constant demands of high volume workload; and willing to and capable of devoting as many hours as necessary to complete the job.
The Position is Monday-Friday. When processing month-end, there may be the possibility of working on the weekend.
If we are not able to recruit someone to work on-site full time, we are willing to discuss/consider a flexible work arrangement. However, the candidate would need to complete their orientation period on-site and be available to come on site when needed. We may want the candidate to work on site a few days each week after orientation, but this is something that can be discussed/considered by our Controller and CFO.
Where the prairie meets the sky! The town’s rich blend of small town tradition and down home hospitality, provides a wonderful background for your travel experience. While here, you will enjoy limitless horizons and untouched natural beauty. This is a place where you will find extraordinary landscapes, unusual attractions, and the friendliest locals you’ve yet to meet! We have parks with large lakes to offer every water sport imaginable. We have golf courses, a small speedway, and of course, the historic downtown area.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services