OR Director job opening in a small hospital located in North Central NM, about 45 mins from Santa Fe, to join their team. This position reports to the CNO. Has responsibility over PACU, OR, ATU and offsite Endoscopy Center. About 8 surgeons.
Direct reports: 3 supervisors with 22 staff total (full-time and PRN).
Surgeries are skewed this last year. But typically, it was around 12000. This last year it was closer to 500 or so. I can find the exact number.
3 ORs, 4 pre-op rooms, and 3 PACU roomsAt the Endo center: 1 procedure room and 3 PACU/pre-op rooms.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols
Bachelor’s degree required
Master’s degree preferred
Required: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Certifications and Licensure requirements:
Basic Life Support (BLS) current upon hire.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)/ENPC to be completed/achieved within six (6) months of hire
New hires will have ninety (90) days from date of hire to obtain American Heart Association certifications. Notwithstanding this ‘grace period’ for obtaining American Heart Association certifications, employees are not excused from being current in any and all existing certifications that are required for their position as outlined in the position job description.
Licenses: Current NM RN licensure or appropriate RN Compact licensure
This city is a place of ancient village sites, spectacular scenery, diverse wildlife, uncommon high-altitude recreational opportunities, small-town friendliness, world-class cultural activities, fascinating history, and world-changing technology development. Visit us and you will make your own discoveries at every turn in the road, bend in the trail, and visit to one of our many attractions. The city’s community life features small-town living with friendly neighbors, low crime, and an excellent school system. Cultural and recreational opportunities abound. The scenery and natural surroundings are truly awe-inspiring. The city is a forty-minute drive to Santa Fe, a city with an international reputation for southwest culture, arts, and cuisine. The residents have the dual benefit of small town living coupled with close proximity to a diverse variety of cultural and entertainment possibilities.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the OR Director Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services