Job opening in a 150+ bed hospital located about an hour from Montgomery, AL, for an Infection Prevention and Patient Safety Manager to join their team. The hospital has approximately 460 employees.
- Serves as resource expert on regulatory and accreditation standards and expectations for compliance.
- Designs and implements a systemic approach to ensure a high level of awareness of regulatory and accrediting agency requirements. This position will guide the development of policy and guidelines as they relate to hospital and compliance with regulatory and accreditation guidelines and assist in the interpretation of these policies.
- Collaboratives to improve patient safety and reducing patient harms/errors requiring a systemic implementation of effective, reliable care practices and developing appropriate institutional patient safety culture.
- Oversees all infection control activities. Has an understanding of TJC Infection Prevention and Control standards, plans, implements, evaluates and reports on infection prevention functions throughout the organization. Participates in hospital and medical staff committees as required.
- Educates staff on infection prevention and control principals. Establishes and implements infection prevention and control policies and procedures.
Reports to: Quality/Risk Director
Associates degree Required in Nursing. Specialized training in Infection Control required within 12 months of employment or promotion (CIC).
Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Certified Patient Safety Professional (CPPS) within 12 months of employment or promotion.
The town is on a bluff above the rolling waters of the Alabama River. The town is rich in history and gracious in its manner. Just 45 minutes from Montgomery, the is home to the largest historic district in Alabama, with over 1,200 historic structures, palatial antebellum and Victorian homes and museums. The area is a dream come true for the outdoor enthusiast. The Alabama River provides unlimited fishing, boating and water sports fun. The area boasts 12 commercial hunting organizations, offering opportunities to hunt buck, quail and turkey. There are two public golf courses in the area, and five Robert Trent Jones golf courses within a two-hour drive. The city also sports lighted baseball and softball diamonds, 20 hard-surfaced tennis courts and organized leagues in baseball, football, soccer, softball and tennis.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services