Job opening in a 100+ bed hospital located within 2 hrs of Great Smoky Mountains area of TN, just over an hour from Knoxville, for a HIM Director to join their team.
Core competencies for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
- Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Ensures department stays focused on their important role in the continuum of care.
- Serves as facility privacy officer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current RHIT or RHIA Certification is required.
- Two years of HIM Management Experience in a Hospital Setting is required.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervisor.
Nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains you’ll find a place known as “The Friendly City.” The downtown area features a host of boutiques, antique stores and specialty shops. There are also four shopping centers located in the area. Education is an important priority for this town. There are five schools in the City School System and several four-year colleges in the area. Tennessee Wesleyan College, located nearby, offers a wide range of majors in its four-year program. The University of Tennessee at both Knoxville and Chattanooga are within easy commuting distance. Whether you fish, hunt, hike or golf, Athens provides a host of recreational opportunities. The area is blessed with majestic mountains, vast forests and many miles of rivers and lake shorelines. Watts Bar Lake is a 39,000-acre recreation area that offers sailing, water skiing or fishing. The nearby beautiful Ocoee River is famous for its white-water rafting and kayaking, and the Tellico River is one of the most scenic trout streams in America. Hiking, fishing and camping are also available at Bald River Falls and in the Cherokee National Forest.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services