Job opening in a 300+ bed hospital located between Sherman, TX and New Boston, TX, for an experienced ICU Director to join their team. The Director will oversee 34 FTEs and there are 16 beds in the unit.
Job Summary: Responsible for direction of patient care in the medical surgical setting. Manages staff members in the ICU. Consults with staff, physicians and Nurse Executive on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Assists in formulating budget. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred or committed to educational track within 18 months of employment.
- Current state of Texas or compact state Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Three or more years of previous RN experience in an acute care setting and a minimum of two years’ ICU supervisory experience required.
- Current BLS certification.
- ACLS within 90 days.
- Successful completion of arrhythmia course, preferred.
With a city population of 25,000 plus an additional 23,000 residents in the county, the population base serves as the hub for healthcare and retail for Northeast Texas and Southeast Oklahoma. Our community is graced with dozens of vintage homes and unique architecture which sets the stage for a thriving community and a contemporary lifestyle. An array of cultural events, historical, scenic and recreational sites and community activities along with a rich selection of youth events makes this a great place for young families to raise children and older citizens to spend their retirement years!
- In addition, you’ll find:
- Two 18-hole golf courses; one nine-hole course
- Lakes throughout Northeast Texas and Southeast Oklahoma for boating, fishing, camping recreation (including Pat Mayse Lake, Lake Fork, Lake Crook and Beaver’s Bend State Park in Southeast Oklahoma.)
- Regional junior college with recognized technology programs and health education opportunities
- Year-around adult and youth sports programs
- Four-year university only 38 miles away offering undergraduate and graduate studies
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services