Job opening for a Pediatrician located in Caribou, Maine.
Pediatric Practice Opportunity is with a physician practice management organization of 30 physicians and 26 mid-level providers. For over 38 years Health Group has provided care to a service area population numbering about 35,000 people.
Unlimited potential exists for a Pediatrician to join our practice in Caribou, a community that is economically, culturally, and socially inviting. This opportunity has come about due to relocation of an existing Pediatrician. Caribou prides itself on the high quality of its public school system, extremely low crime rate and family-oriented community activities. The community boasts a new multi-million dollar Recreation and Wellness Center that offers programs and activities for all ages.
As an employee, the successful Pediatrician will receive a competitive salary, generous health and welfare benefits package, professional liability insurance, CME reimbursement, relocation assistance, and education loan repayment, if applicable. The physician will also receive an annual allowance for licensing, DEA registration, professional society memberships, and medical journal subscriptions.
We are approved for participation in the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayer program. Immigration assistance provided by expert legal counsel is provided at the expense of the practice for candidates needing a J-1 waiver, H-1B visa or green card.
Pediatric Practice Profile:
- One of six primary care offices located in geographically dispersed communities.
- 3 Obstetricians and 2 Certified Nurse Midwives 2 Pediatricians
- over 200 deliveries annually
- Anesthesiologist on call at all times at Medical Center
- NICU not available at Medical Center, however a pediatric critical care transport team from Eastern Maine Medical Center with mobile NICU and fixed-wing air transport is readily available
- The practice is conveniently attached to Medical Center with easy internal stairway access to the hospital’s maternal/child unit and Operating Rooms one floor above.
- Telephone triage system to screen after-hours calls.
- Health Center offers extended early morning and evening hours two days a week, and our Caribou Health Center is open two additional weekday evenings and Saturdays from 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM for ease of patient access.
- When medically necessary, OB and Pediatric patients can access the ER at Medical Center for after-hours care.
- Status: Full-time: 5 days per week, including one early evening each week on a rotating basis; Saturday morning hours may be considered in the future.
- Patients: Patient profile is newborn to approximately age 18
- Call: 1 in 3 rotation with infrequent requirement to come into the hospital for pediatric admissions; pediatricians attend all C-sections. PALS certification required, NRP certification highly desirable.
- Qualifications of Applicants: Board Certified or board eligible on defined track to become Board Certified Allopathic and osteopathic physicians will be considered equally American born and trained physicians and foreign-born physicians who have completed a US residency and/or fellowship will be considered equally. H-1B and J-1 candidates can be considered.
- Medical Center is 65-bed acute care hospital in Maine. Well-known for its patient-centered services, the hospital and its staff have won numerous state and national awards for quality in both customer service and clinical performance. The Medical Center has approximately 540 employees, 60 active medical staff providers, 100 courtesy and consulting physicians, and 75 volunteers.
Welcome to Aroostook County, Maine
What do you think of when you hear the word “Maine?” Does your mind conjure up images of ruby red lobster dinners, rocky coasts with tall lighthouses, windowsills crammed with piping hot blueberry pies and charming coastal communities with pahking lots full of cahs? Now, forget just about everything you thought you knew and cross the line into Maine’s northernmost county, a land that couldn’t be further away from the bustle of downstate.
Truth be told, Aroostook County has everything wonderful that you’d expect from the State of Maine. From friendly local folks to sumptuous restaurants, shopping destinations and breathtaking outdoor amenities, it is a peaceful borderland where time passes slower, refreshing evening breezes linger longer and sunsets sizzle for endless stretches. Step back into the way Maine used to be and take a deep breath of fresh pine and balsam-heavy air: Aroostook County is a place for rejuvenating and reconnecting with life’s simple pleasures.
Aroostook, named from a Native American word meaning “Beautiful River” is aptly nicknamed the “The Crown of Maine” partly because of its geographic location but more because of the breathtaking experiences that await you. Known by several different names, including, “The Last Frontier of the East” or by many Mainers as just “The County,” Northern Maine instills memories that not even time can fade.
Bordering the provinces of Quebec and New Brunswick, geographically it is the largest county east of the Mississippi and in fact is larger than the States of Rhode Island and Connecticut combined.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Pediatrician Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services