Job opening for a Hematologist/Oncologist located in Caribou, Maine.
Opportunity is with a physician practice management organization of 30 physicians and 26 mid-level providers. For over 38 years Health Group has provided care to a service area population numbering about 35,000 people.
We are approved for participation in the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayer program. Immigration assistance provided by expert legal counsel is provided at the expense of the practice for candidates needing a J-1 waiver, H-1B visa or green card.
Unlimited potential exists for a Hematologist/Oncologist to join our practice as we expand our cancer program to serve additional patients and communities. The communities we serve are economically, culturally, and socially inviting.
Our Hematologist/Oncologists and Mid-Level Provider have been instrumental in building a program from scratch into a very successful, continuously growing practice that was QOPI, (Quality Oncology Practice Initiative) certified in 2018. They work in a new, dedicated cancer center, have dedicated Oncology Nurses, Chemotherapy Infusion Nurses, and Patient Navigators. They are actively involved with quality improvement organizations and participate in ASCO national collaborative initiatives. It’s a professionally stimulating environment, with relationships established with the premier Hematology/Oncology group in Maine at the Medical Center, as well as researchers at the Jackson Laboratory and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
Statistics for the calendar year 2019 include:
|New Hematology Patient Visits||185|
|New Oncology Patient Visits||142|
|Total New Patient Visits||327|
|Total Established Patient Visits||2,543|
|Total Bone Marrow In-Office||28|
|Total Patient Visits||2,571|
|Average Patient Visits/Day||11.57|
|Infusion Suite Statistics|
|Total Patient Visits||2,825|
|Average Patient Visits/Day||11.3|
The Hematology/Oncology practice uses Intergy for an electronic medical record system, while the hospital uses CPSI.
Approximately 8 – 10 patients are seen per day, depending on what mix of new patients, follow-ups, and pre-chemotherapy check patients that are scheduled.
This is almost a purely outpatient practice.
As such, there is no formal call schedule.
Any inpatient work, such as a floor consult, would occur during regular business hours.
Acute patients are transferred to a higher-level facility downstate, then return here for ongoing outpatient treatment.
We have an active, inter-professional tumor board comprised of hematology/oncology, general surgery, imaging, and pathology. An adjacent community hospital 12 miles to the south houses the county’s only radiation therapy and PET scanning services.
As an employee, the successful Hematology/Oncology candidate will receive a competitive salary, generous health, and welfare benefits package, professional liability insurance, relocation assistance, licensing, DEA registration, and medical education loan repayment (if applicable).
Physicians also receive an annual allowance for professional society memberships, subscriptions (print and online), and Continuing Medical Education.
All of our primary care health centers are approved for participation in the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayer program.
Immigration assistance provided by expert legal counsel is provided at the expense of the practice for candidates needing a J-1 waiver, H-1B visa, or permanent resident (green) card.
- 6 Internists (including 5 Hospitalists) and 8 Family Medicine physicians at the Health Centers
- Hospitalists provide 24/7 inpatient coverage, including weekends, at Medical Center
- 9 mid-level primary care providers as well as 2 Certified Midwives who work in our OB/GYN practice
- A telephone triage system to screen after-hours calls.
- Specialists available include urology, orthopedics and sports medicine, surgical podiatry and wound care, general surgery, ophthalmology, and hematology/oncology. Pathologists work at Medical Center’s clinical laboratory.
- Access to Medical Center outpatient clinics including Cardiology, Pain Management, Nephrology, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pediatric Genetics, Wound/Ostomy, and Rheumatology, along with diabetes counseling and nutritional therapy.
Grow the practice resulting from retirees and families moving into the area, support the growth of the local industry, including the Defense Financing and Accounting Service (DFAS), and an influx in the number of U.S. Homeland Security (Customs and Border Patrol) officers.
- Status: Full-time, permanent position; salaried (exempt) professional: 8-hour shifts, 5 days per week.
- Patients: Patient profile includes a large cohort of elderly patients with co-morbidities
Qualifications of applicants:
- Completion of an accredited Fellowship in Hematology/Oncology (3 years) or Oncology (2 years) is required; Board Certified or board eligible while tracking to become Board Certified in Oncology; Board eligibility or certification in Hematology is desired, but not required.
- Allopathic and osteopathic physicians will be considered equally
- American born and trained physicians and foreign-born physicians who have completed a US residency (3-year minimum) and/or fellowship will be considered equally. H-1B and J-1 visa candidates are routinely sponsored utilizing the health center’s retained immigration attorney.
- In-practice physicians, fellows, and military-trained physicians will be considered equally
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services