Job opening in a small hospital located in North Central New Mexico, about 45 mins from Santa Fe, for an experienced OR Director to join their team. They are located in a small mountain town just below the Jemez mountains. They are about 45 minutes from Santa Fe, 2 hours from Albuquerque, NM. The community is highly educated and very health conscious. They have their own ski hill, golf course, aquatic center. The schools are the best in the state. Being a small facility lends to a family like atmosphere with our staff. Their facility focuses on quality initiatives and a culture of safety. The views and hiking are incredible. We want someone who is patient safety centered, and understands the demands of the position. This position is over OR, PACU, ATU (ambulatory treatment), and the Offsite Endoscopy Center)
3 ORs (typically only use 2)
FTE’s: 29 – we only have one central sterile/OR tech opening in the OR at present
600 Surgeries per month
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical,
administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
Associate’s degree required
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Certifications and Licensure requirements:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) current upon hire.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)/ENPC to be completed/achieved within six (6) months of hire
- New hires will have ninety (90) days from date of hire to obtain American Heart Association certifications. Notwithstanding this ‘grace period’ for obtaining American Heart Association certifications, employees are not excused from being current in any and all existing certifications that are required for their position as outlined in the position job description.
- Licenses: Current NM RN licensure or appropriate RN Compact licensure
Significant previous OR management required.
This city is a place of ancient village sites, spectacular scenery, diverse wildlife, uncommon high-altitude recreational opportunities, small-town friendliness, world-class cultural activities, fascinating history, and world-changing technology development. Visit us and you will make your own discoveries at every turn in the road, bend in the trail, and visit to one of our many attractions. The city’s community life features small-town living with friendly neighbors, low crime, and an excellent school system. Cultural and recreational opportunities abound. The scenery and natural surroundings are truly awe-inspiring. The city is a forty-minute drive to Santa Fe, a city with an international reputation for southwest culture, arts, and cuisine. The residents have the dual benefit of small town living coupled with close proximity to a diverse variety of cultural and entertainment possibilities.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the OR Director Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.