Job opening in a hospital in Kentucky, for an experienced Plant Operations Director to join their team.
- Four to six years of Hospital general maintenance experience.
- Two to three years of supervisory experience.
- Certification in a trade field such as; HVAC, Electrical or Plumbing is preferred.
- Having a CHFM certification is also preferred.
- Knowledge of code requirements such as JCAHO, NEC, NFPA and building codes.
- A huge piece of this role is Joint Commission compliance.
- To properly maintain the building infrastructures and associated equipment related to building operations and patient care.
- Maintain equipment and repair expenses as cost effectively as possible.
- Maintain code compliance as it relates to all authorities having jurisdiction as it relates to the healthcare industry.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to manage employees appropriately & ethically.
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to read & understand blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Able to make sound decisions as it relates to building/equipment maintenance processes and procedures.
- Capable of developing, managing & maintaining operational budgets.
- Detailed knowledge of HVAC mechanical systems.
- Be literate in the basic operations of computers & associated software.
- Have knowledge of medical gas systems.
- Knowledge of electrical systems & associated equipment such as emergency generators, transfer switches, disconnects, etc.
- Knowledge of steam systems, their components and operation.
- Knowledge of plumbing systems, their components and operation.
- Knowledge of control systems as they relate to electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and digital.
- Understand the operation of fire protection systems.
- Have basic knowledge of construction procedures.
- Able to develop, implement and manage the Environment of Care TJC standards.
- Maintain to TJC expectations the following programs:
- Safety Management Program
- Security Management Program
- Hazardous Management Program
- Emergency Management Program
- Fire Prevention Management Program
- Medical Equipment Management Program
- Utility Management Program
- Perform annual evaluations of all seven management programs
- Develop & maintain Plan for Improvements for all seven management programs
- Maintain the Statement of Conditions to JCAHO standards
- Able to identify & address Life Safety issues prior to a TJC visitation.
- Have knowledge of the following regulatory agencies & programs:
- TJC – EOC
- HOSPITAL CONSTRUCTION GUIDELINES
- LOCAL / STATE CODES & STANDARDS
In the heart of the Bluegrass is the charm and beauty of the entire state distilled into one community: Ours, centrally located in the golden triangle of Cincinnati, Louisville and Lexington. An image that describes the town best is a sleek thoroughbred racehorse grazing a lush Bluegrass paddock. Thoroughbreds are just one of the many breathtaking attributes in and around the town. With its American flags, hanging flower baskets and picturesque Victorian-era downtown buildings, this historic town exemplifies small town America. Discover our southern hospitality, friendly faces and social atmosphere.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.