Job opening for an Emergency Department RN Director located in Southern California.
With the recent addition of the Rehabilitation Institute, the hospital features 184 licensed acute care beds as well as inpatient and outpatient surgery, cardiac services featuring a STEMI Receiving Center (heart attack) and a 35-bed 24-hour emergency department. The Center for Wound Care provides treatment for people with chronic non-healing wounds. This comprehensive wound-healing service includes hyperbaric oxygen therapy. The Medical Center is active in the community and regularly participates with the Board of Trade, Greater Antelope Valley Economic Alliance, Chambers of Commerce and other civic and governmental groups. The Medical Center believes in “Community Service Excellence” and supports nonprofit agencies such as the American Cancer Society, United Way, the Antelope Valley Boys and Girls Club and performing arts organizations. Building a Healthier Community…Big Changes are already here!
Essential Job Duties:
Under administrative direction, assesses, plans, implements and evaluates delivery of patient care with 24 hour responsibility for total departmental management. Provides administrative direction for development and evaluation of all nursing personnel, and maintains operational aspects of the patient care unit in collaboration with support services. Contributes to nursing and the hospital through support of philosophy and objectives, educational and research efforts. Accountable to assure that HC APS, patient, employee, and physician’s satisfaction scores all in acceptable ranges. Accountable for building and directing teams to improve core measures and other Joint Commission initiatives. Has ongoing dialogue with nurse both one on one and in monthly staff and clinical unit. Is proactive in identifying needs of staff and resolves issues to improve patient care and supports nursing leadership direction and is a positive reactor assuring new initiatives and practices are followed consistently without bias.
- Reports to CNO
- Managers reporting to this Director: 2
- ER beds: 35
- Annual ER visits: 90,000
- FTE’s: about 130
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients, staff and the general public. Writes minutes for meetings in an ongoing and timely manner.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical/clinical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Able to direct teams to improve scores and coach critical thinking skills.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience in specialty as a Registered Nurse with demonstrated management or leadership abilities and acute care experience. Previous management experience preferred.
- Graduate of an approved/accredited School of Nursing or equivalent. BSN required, MSN preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification (ACLS). Specialty Certification preferred.
- CPI is required within 30 days of hire.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the ER Director Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.