Job opening for a Director of Women’s Health Services, L&D located in Southern California.
A new 33,000-square-foot labor and delivery unit
Labor and Delivery Unit – Construction is scheduled to begin on February 24, 2020, and will take approximately four months to complete.
This person will be building the entire program, MUST have that kind of experience.
With the recent addition of the Rehabilitation Institute, the hospital features 184 licensed acute care beds as well as inpatient and outpatient surgery, cardiac services featuring a STEMI Receiving Center (heart attack) and a 35-bed 24-hour emergency department. The Center for Wound Care provides treatment for people with chronic non-healing wounds. This comprehensive wound-healing service includes hyperbaric oxygen therapy. The Medical Center is active in the community and regularly participates with the Antelope Valley Board of Trade, Greater Antelope Valley Economic Alliance, Chambers of Commerce and other civic and governmental groups. The Medical Center believes in “Community Service Excellence” and supports nonprofit agencies such as the American Cancer Society, United Way, the Antelope Valley Boys and Girls Club and performing arts organizations. Building a Healthier Community…Big Changes are already here!
Essential Job Duties:
The Director of Women’s Health Services assesses, plans, implements and evaluates delivery of patient care with 24 hour responsibility for total management of the Women’s Health Services Department. Provides administrative direction for development and evaluation of all nursing personnel, and maintains operational aspects of the patient care unit in collaboration with support services. Contributes to nursing and the hospital through support of philosophy and objectives, educational and research efforts. Accountable to assure that HCAHPS, patient, employee, and physicians satisfaction scores are all in acceptable ranges. Accountable for building and directing teams to improve core measures and other Joint Commission initiatives. Has ongoing dialogue with nurses both one on one and in regularly scheduled staff meetings. Is proactive in identifying needs of the unit and staff, resolves issues to improve patient care, and supports nursing leadership direction. Is a positive reactor assuring new initiatives and practices are followed consistently without bias.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients, and the public. Excellent computer skills, with experience in Microsoft Office products required Mathematical Skills Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations Reasoning Ability Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical/clinical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- (5) to Seven (7) years of clinical experience in Women’s Health Services as a Registered Nurse required.
- Competence in the assessment, treatment and care of the specific patients served.
- Minimum 3 years acute care nursing leadership experience in Women’s Health Services required, demonstrating leadership ability, communications, and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with physicians, management, staff, external agencies/customers and patients/families.
- Development of Quality and Safety goals and objectives to generate change and results.
- Experience in implementing programs to decrease maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality, including but not limited to Alliance for Innovation in Maternal (AIM) Healthcare bundles.
- Experience in data analysis to drive clinical, quality and operational outcomes.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University in related field required.
- Master’s degree from an accredited College or University in related field preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) or CPR Certification through the American Heart Association.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification through the American Heart Association.
- CPI Certified within 30 days of hire.
- Specialty Certification preferred.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Director of Women’s Health Services / L&D Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.