Job opening in a midsized hospital located in Northwest Montana, about 2 hours from Kalispell and Glacier National Park, for an experienced CFO to join their team. Candidates MUST have FOR PROFIT ACUTE CARE HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE to be considered. We need to have a min of 5 plus years exp as a CFO COO in different hospitals. We are a joint venture so are financials are a little different. This hospital is one of our recent purchases that maintains two separate books. We have a Joint venture board that the CEO reports to once a month. They are owners in 3 different Joint ventures and will be unwinding a fourth.
The Chief Financial Officer provides leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility of the hospital.
- Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses.
- Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third party payor cost reports.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and the knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals, and verbal, interpersonal and quantitative skills normally acquired through completion of this degree is required.
- CPA or Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in an acute-care hospital is required.
- Minimum of three years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization required.
- Must be a strong, hands-on and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team-player and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
Nestled in the Northern Rockies of Montana, surrounded by seven wilderness areas and at the confluence of three rivers, the city is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream. You can kayak, raft or tube through downtown or take a relaxing hike in 60,000 acres of wilderness minutes from your hotel. The city is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. The city is also a regional destination for shopping and dining, featuring three distinct shopping districts and an abundance of restaurants, cafes, coffee houses and breweries with something to fit all budgets and palates. Known for its eclectic culture, visitors will find this arts and culture hub filled with a seeming endless array of arts and entertainment events. Think symphony, theatre, film festivals, author’s readings at independent bookstores, college sports, ballet, opera and roller derby.
Helena, MT (116)
Spokane, WA (199)
Bozeman, MT (206)
Billings, MT (348)
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.