Job opening in a midsized hospital located in Western Mississippi, about 2 hrs from Memphis, TN, for an experienced Hospital Plant Operations Director to join their team. This position not only oversees all of the physical plant ops, but also security and environmental services. Total square footage is 210,000 which includes the hospital, their outpatient rehab and HR learning center, 2 medical office buildings with 4 offices in each, and a clinic located about 17 miles away with 5 exam rooms. This year, they are planning a $900K renovation to their Gero-Psych department.
**Please note, candidates MUST have HOSPITAL facilities management experience to be considered.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical,
- administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
- Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Ensures department stays focused on their important role in the continuum of care.
Minimum Education, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, minimum of an associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two (2) year college or technical school; or 3 to 5 (3-5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hospital facility management experience is required.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Beginning October 1, 2019, new hires and current employees, with an expired Crisis Prevention Training (CPI), will be required to obtain Handle with Care certification. If employee does not have a current Handle with Care at time of hire or transfer, then employee will have six months from day of hire, or transfer, to obtain, or update, Handle with Care certification.
Located in the heart of the legendary Mississippi Delta – halfway between Memphis, Tennessee and Jackson, Mississippi – this city combines the charm of a small town with the educational and cultural opportunities of a much larger city. This is a place where you find equal opportunity to get away from it all or to be in the center of vibrant activity. Less than a two hour drive to Memphis or Jackson, the entertainment, cultural and shopping opportunities of these metropolitan areas are close at hand, while the wide-open spaces, abundant woodlands, and lakes and rivers offer the best in country life. If shopping is your passion, you will be pleasantly surprised. In fact, the city has earned a reputation as the Shopping Mecca of the Delta because of the variety and number of quaint specialty shops located there. The County’s natural resources are second to none, offering a wealth of outdoor recreational opportunities. Because of the terrain and mild climate, public hunting and fishing areas abound, and the County’s large lakes and rivers beckon boating and water sport enthusiasts. And, along the banks of the Mississippi River, you will find the 756-acre Great River Road State Park, with facilities for picnicking, camping and a 72-foot observation tower that provides breathtaking views of the Mississippi River.
EVS – 14 Full Time and 11 PRN (one of the Full time employees in this department is in charge of the grounds ie mowing, mulching, trimming, etc. in the summer and painting and touching up the inside of the building in the winter)
Security- 3 Full Time and 3 PRN
Plant Ops- 7 Full Time
Seniority and knowledge of staff? Excellent staff with great knowledge and skill. All have been here for 5 – 25 years, except one brand new guy that was an added FTE.
Housing —how hard is it to find? The housing market is tight, but unless there are super special needs (5+ bedrooms, etc.), someone can usually find a place within a month or so.
Relocation assistance? Negotiable
Last survey date and the results? November 2019, we were fully accredited
What the strategic plan is for the department. There is a Ligature Risk opportunity on our GeroPsych unit, so we are planning a renovation. We also believe there is an opportunity to improve processes and efficiencies in the department. These are our top 2 priorities.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me