Human Resources Director, Minnesota
25 bed critical access hospital
Plan and direct the organization’s human resource and labor relations function by performing the following duties personally or through applicable carriers and/or consultants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Primary responsibility for management-labor and employee relations, personnel administration and administration of employee related insurance programs.
- Act as facilitator to CMH union negotiations, having an understanding of each bargaining unit’s contract.
- Be able to access contract associated employee relation material, ensuring negotiations proceed to a timely contract resolution.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts.
- Responsible for ensuring that CMH Contracts have correct language as determined by the negotiation process.
- Oversee the administration of CMH benefits programs by having a thorough understanding of the benefit options available to bargaining unit and non-contract personnel.
- Work directly with all carriers (and CMH brokers) insuring employees against loss of income due to illness, employee relations, injury, or retirement.
- Analyze existing benefits policies, services, and coverages and prevailing practices among similar organizations to establish competitive benefits programs and to determine programs best meeting needs of organization.
- Make recommendations to Hospital management.
- Oversees the administration of CMH Pension and Annuity Plans, ensuring compliance with Group Summary Plans and ERISA.
- Oversees the administration of CMH flexible spending program ensuring compliance with IRS guidelines.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer in personnel forecasts to project employment needs and variances.
- Maintain Non-Contract Performance and Compensation Program to ensure competitive wage scales.
- Identify, develop, and implement HR associated policies and procedures.
- Make policies consistent with Human Resource Committee’s directive and labor law practices.
- When necessary, consult legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Prepare and present HR related topics / items at HR Committee meetings.
- Author and deliver presentations to hospital personnel regarding human resource policies and practices.
- Advise and coach department managers on employee relations matters.
- Screen applicants and provide assistance where necessary to department heads when working with applicants and new hires.
- Keep EEO records and prepare statistical reports concerning recruitment, interviews, and hiring practices.
- Report on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain a human resources system and records that meet internal and external information needs and State and Federal compliance guidelines.
- Coordinate and record all HR related invoices and 5500 forms for prompt payment and/or filing.
- Ensures the accurate and timely processing of biweekly payroll ensuring adherence to all Federal, State and Local laws.
- Completes timely performance appraisals of HR staff.
- Ensures the processing and requesting of benefit invoices is timely and accurate.
- Overall responsibility for payroll function.
- In conjunction with Payroll Coordinator, keep monthly and quarterly wage reports.
- Report on a timely basis (i.e., US Department of Labor).
- Serve on Hospital Labor Management Committee.
- Read, understand, and follow all infection control policies pertaining to the specific position as well as facility-wide.
SKILLS and/or QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have strong working knowledge of employee relations, wage and hour laws, ERISA, benefits administration.
- Must be able to access accurate information in a timely manner.
- Safety procedures and practices knowledge required.
- Must be highly organized, have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Human Resource Management or like discipline desired.
- Five (5) years experience in HR preferred, 2 years of which should have been in a responsible labor relations position.
- Must be able to effectively articulate in both written and verbal form.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Human Resources Director Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me