Job opening in an intermediate care facility located in the Columbus, OH area, for a Director of Nursing to join their team. They are looking for a good leader; someone who can see beyond the challenges of the moment. The DON will oversee 6 supervisors and approximately 40 nurses (RNs and LPNs). This facility has multiple units including one higher need unit which is their vent unit. There are around 80-90 residents in the building. This is mostly a day shift position but other shifts may need to be covered at times. They strongly prefer someone local. They will consider Nurse Managers with experience in Med Surg, ER, ICU, PICU, NICU, as well as Special Needs.
The Director of Nursing will lead the Nursing department (approximately six nursing supervisors and 40 nurses) in the medical care of our residents and promote cooperation among staff in an interdisciplinary team environment. The Director of Nursing will develop a culture of caring excellence towards residents and staff. The company is a private, non-profit ICF (intermediate care facility) that provides residential care for children and young adults with multiple disabilities, including individuals with severe or profound developmental disabilities. Care is based on a person centered model rather than a medical model. We encourage a strong collaborative approach in an interdisciplinary team environment. We have one location with several buildings all on one campus.
- Registered nurse (RN) with current licensure from the Ohio State Board of Nursing;
- Bachelor’s/Masters’ preferred. Current CPR
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible nursing, managerial, and administrative experience
- Proven leadership experience and ability to effectively coach staff
- Experience in a long term care setting and/or with individuals with disabilities;
- working knowledge of Medicaid and Licensure rules and regulations
- Proactive and effective communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Dedicated to working in a team environment collaborating with all levels of the organization
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with 50% contribution match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Director of Nursing Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text