Job opening in a large hospital located in San Francisco, California, for a Revenue Cycle Associate Director to join their team.
The Associate Director will provide management oversight to Faculty Practice Operation functions that contribute to the charge capture, edit resolution, reporting, and collection of patient service revenue. The Department of Medicine generates patient charges of over $ 237 million, annual revenue of over $67 million per year, and RVUs of 649,000+ per year.
- The incumbent will be directly responsible for the strategic planning, financial management, operations, and compliance of the team dedicated to managing the FPO revenue management services of designated departments.
- The incumbent will also serve to oversee compliant professional fee billing to include maintaining a compliance manual or website of resources for the team, conducting service audits, and providing written reports to the Medical Center compliance office, department chair, and department directors.
- The Associate Director will work with appropriate centralized and departmental staff to ensure that the practices overseen engage in regular compliance education for appropriate physicians, residents, fellows and administrative staff.
- Appropriate reporting to Departmental Chairs, Health System management, and department management personnel will include financial, compliance, and process related items as appropriate or requested.
- The Associate Director will collaborate with peers and others in the FPO to optimize revenue management performance across systems, share best practices, and achieve organizational objectives.
- Responsibilities include supervision of 11 FTE within the departments’ units as well as collaboration with departmental resources affiliated with the billing processes.
- Associate Director will oversee Revenue Managers responsible for hiring, reassigning and other performance management duties, and/or provide direct management oversight for unit personnel as appropriate or when revenue managers are unavailable.
- The incumbent should be familiar with all applicable federal and local billing and coding regulations and be able to effectively communicate these regulations to all levels of faculty, management and staff.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Masters Degree
- 10 + years in healthcare revenue-related environment
- Prior experience in revenue management and Epic systems
- Previous management experience of supervisors, manager level employees preferred
- Experience organizational structure, optimization of staffing levels, goal-setting, incentive management.
- Identify areas for process improvement for managed subunits as well as collaborating with other Associate Directors to improve the greater revenue cycle function and flow across all points of entry and review.
- Previous experience in implementing new systems and technologies to ensure a smooth, fast, and efficient revenue cycle.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text