Job opening for a Surgery Center Administrator located in Los Angeles, California.
Affiliated with a healthcare system!
Shift: Full Time No Weekends
In role as Administrator, you will have the chance to create an environment that builds the center’s reputation as a surgery center of choice in your area. You will accomplish this, in part, by being part of business development efforts, maintaining a high standard of service to physicians and patients, and ensuring your center has exceptional clinical practice standards.
- Build the surgery center’s reputation with physicians, patients, third party payors, and the community in general.
- Facilitate positive effective working relationships with the Governing Body, Medical Director, and Medical Staff.
- Call upon and oversee the use of corporate personnel and hospital resources. This includes, but is not limited to, corporate legal and financial data processing, staffing, credentialing, marketing, human resources, and development expertise.
- Maintain appropriate levels of personnel (this includes hiring, promoting, assigning, maintaining compensation levels; approve merit evaluations and salary increases, as well as conference and discharge, when necessary).
- Participate in professional and community organizations to promote better public relations and interact with the general public in areas relating to healthcare.
- Understand, implement and maintain personnel policies, the employee benefit package, a wage and salary program, and appropriate job descriptions.
- Negotiate and execute center contracts.
- Expected to be a subject matter expert for AAAHC survey processes.
- Work closely with the Business Office to institute budget controls, monitor accounts receivables and payables, prepare and project annual budgets.
- Attend Medical Executive Committee meetings and keep required reports.
- Revise and maintain procedures manuals and operating forms.
- Implement ongoing Performance Improvement Program.
- Implement ongoing risk management program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Nursing or related field
- Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement
- Minimum (3) years direct experience or related experience
- Experience in outpatient healthcare operations – AMBULATORY SURGERY CENTERS
- NEED TO HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE BUSINESS SIDE OF THE HOUSE
- CANDIDATE DOES NOT NEED TO BE A RN, NO CALIFORNIA LICENSE NEEDED
- #Beds per Unit- ASC with 5 OR and 2 GI – MUST HAVE LARGE ASC EXPERIENCE
- Facility size 15,000 sq
- Types of Service- Multi-specialty ASC, GI 45%, Ophthalmology 25%, Orthopedic 12%,ENT, GYN, Podiatry, Pain
- FTE’s 4 Managers/60
- Center recently restructured shifting business office functions into a centralized Houston CBO.
- Current Medical Director is approaching retirement.
- 50% of the active physician providers place self-interest first at the expense of efficiency and growth.
- Changes are achievable but will require a strong plan and communication.
- Looking for a mature, quietly confident, process oriented, willing to make tough decisions, relentless communication, and drive accountability.
- Reports to the VP of Operations
- Close knitted, warm and inviting culture
Top 3 objectives:
- Clinical Excellence – Creating a more consistent structured process based on advance planning and requiring physician / offices to provide more lead time and better quality of information.
- Growth – Expand orthopedic service line to include Total Joints
- Culture – Communication and teambuilding to instill more respect and commitment to excellent service between all departments.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text