Job opening for a Senior Director Patient Care Services located in Southern California.
- Provides expertise, leadership and direction to Clinical Operations/Clinical Nursing Practice programs to include quality and patient safety, clinical systems, nursing education and nursing research programs provided by Regional Patient Care Services.
- Partners with Medical Center and Regional leadership in setting overall agenda for Nursing Clinical Practice across the Southern CA region and serves as the nursing Clinical Operations/ Practice expert to management and employees.
- Directs and resolves HR, employee and dept safety, and risk management issues.
- Recommends the appropriate staff mix for dept and assists with development of processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all dept staff.
- Ensures on-going staff development.
- Ensures that client and organizational needs are met consistently.
- Hires, fires, performs disciplinary actions, recommends employee training and development, and conducts performance assessments for assigned administrative staff.
- Provides leadership in the development and dissemination of best practices across regional departments, medical centers as well as in national initiatives.
- Establishes effective working relationships with peers both internally and externally.
- Directs the data collection, review and analysis of nursing quality indicators, collaborates with service area and med center leadership to review trend data and performance improvement focus, and monitors follow-up action plans to achieve organizational goals.
- Present nursing quality data trends to regional and statewide stakeholders and committees.
- Supports, facilitates, and participates in the development and implementation of the inpatient and outpatient service strategy for each region.
- Minimum five (5) years of nursing leadership experience in acute care setting.
- Minimum seven (7) years of nursing experience in area of specialty
- Master’s degree required in nursing, business administration, public health administration, or other related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current RN license required; California RN license required by date of hire.
- Certification in Nursing Administration required (or within first year on the job).
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals through influence and collaboration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of TJC, NCQA, Nurse Practice Act, and professional association standards, federal, state, and other regulatory standards, requirements, and guidelines related to quality improvement, patient safety & applicable nursing practice.
- Strong working knowledge of: ongoing monitoring techniques (including criteria development and statistical analysis), medical care delivery in hospital and outpatient settings and total quality management principles, tools, and techniques.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- PhD preferred
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Senior Director Patient Care Services Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text