Job opening in a small rural hospital located in Southern Alabama, about 1 hour from the beaches of Pensacola, FL, for a Hospital HR Director to join their team.
- Candidates must have hospital HR Director experience to be considered.
The Hospital Leadership is strong and supportive. They are eager for a good HRD. They are looking for someone who can update the current work processes, technologies, etc. The HRD has 2 direct reports. The Employee Health RN and Education work closely with HR but are not reporting to HR.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
- Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Ensures department stays focused on their important role in the continuum of care.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, business. or a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Six years of experience as a Human Resource Manager in the hospital setting preferred; or 10 or more years as a Human Resource Director/ Manager
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local registration relating to Human Resources, i.e., Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Affirmative Action, ADA, FMLA
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
The city is located just 85 miles south of Montgomery, 135 miles northeast of Mobile and 80 miles west of Dothan. We are surrounded by businesses, trade and cultural influences prevalent throughout Alabama. More than 10,000 people call the city home, dubbing it “the heart of south Alabama.” We are close to several large cities such as Dothan, Montgomery, Mobile, and Pensacola. The beaches of Pensacola are only an hour away and Destin is an hour and a half.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text