Director of Nursing career opportunity – ASC – San Francisco Bay Area CA
We are working with an established ASC in the Bay Area of California looking for a Director of Nursing to join their team. The Surgery Center is Joint Commission accredited and affiliated with a large healthcare system. Very stable and looking for a long-term DON.
4 OR’s, 1 procedural room, 10 PACU. On average 7k-8k cases per year.
The Director of Nursing (DON) provides nursing and administrative direction to all clinical staff of the surgery center, including directing and coordinating all clinical activities, resources and personnel. DON provides clinical and operational expertise to the clinical areas; creates, updates, interprets and enforces personnel policies and procedures; develops through collaboration with Clinical Managers and Charge Nurses, and nursing team, all clinical policies, procedures and programs, demonstrates leadership ability and exceptional professional behavior while conducting day to day responsibilities, collaborates with the Administrator and/or Medical Director in the development of the clinical budgets and staffing plans. This position does require patient care responsibilities as needed to support clinical staff.
Position Reports to:
- All Clinical Personnel, OR Manager, PACU Manager, Charge Nurses, Radiology Technician, and other personnel as assigned.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Current RN licensure to practice in the State of California.
- Successful completion of Advanced Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Basic Life Support Course.
Education, vocational training and experience:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- A BSN or equivalent experience is required.
- Significant experience in Operating Room and Clinical Nursing and Management is required.
- Current experience in ambulatory surgery is required.
- Current CNOR certificate preferred.
- Materials management experience is preferred.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple facility operations.
- Operating Room: 3 years (Preferred)
- Nurse Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- BSN preferred but not required
Looking to interview ASAP!!!
Close access to the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station.
Contracts Network Manager – Job Opening in Southern CA
Hospital; 200+beds, affiliated with a University system. 250 physicians in network. Director is looking for outstanding negotiation skills. CA experience preferred. Position is open due to organizational growth – expansion.
Reporting to the Director of Contract Management, develops and recommends specific contract strategy for new and renewing payer agreements on behalf of the physician network, initiate contract performance review, analysis and implementation of managed care contract negotiations, organize and lead interdepartmental teams operationalize managed care contracts and resolve identified managed care operational issues; participates in the development of contract management information systems. Supports the development and evaluation of new business relationships with medical groups and payers in order to increase service line volumes and market share.
Manager position negotiates managed care agreements to support the hospital System of Care and develops specific strategies for new and renewing contractual relationships. The position will conduct contract performance review and analysis; organize interdepartmental teams to implement managed care agreements; oversee resolution of associated operational issues and participate in the development of contract management infrastructure.
- 5-7 years experience in negotiating HMO/PPO and other managed care contracts.
- A minimum of 2 years physician and hospital contracting experience preferred.
- BA/BS in related field.
- MBA or equivalent/ HFMA managed care certification
- Contract negotiation;
- contract legal review,
- Analytical/financial analysis,
- Proficient in Excel, Word, etc.
Analytical/financial analysis – they want someone with this background.
Knowledge and understanding of Per Diem-HMO, Capitated-HMO, Point of Service, EPO and PPO contracts, including a practical working ability with legal documents and case management concepts. Knowledge of financial accounting methods; analytical skills; knowledge of state and federal healthcare guidelines for reimbursement; critical thinking skills.
CA Central Coast – Rural Hospital – 50 miles from Salinas/Paso Robles – CA – Open Positions below.
- Dialysis Manager